Question about 1991 Nissan Pickup

1 Answer

Engine cooling system

At the side of the engine block cooling water is dripping, how can i replace this defective parts?

Posted by on

  • Denis Aube May 11, 2010

    Is it dripping right from the side of the block or is the leak coming from a fitting or hose connection?



1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert who has answered 20 questions.


    An expert that hasĀ over 10 points.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 2 times.

  • Contributor
  • 33 Answers

It sounds like a welsh plug that is leaking if you don't know much about motors then you should take it to someone who dose. It is reasonably easy job though

Posted on Oct 26, 2008


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

2006 pontiac grand prix smells antifreeze in car

Is there coolant leaking inside the car? Check the floor under the passenger side dashboard. If the carpet is wet your heater core is leaking.

If the floor is dry check the coolant elbows going from the block into the automatic belt tensioner. That's inside the engine compartment. They are notorious for leaking. You may not be able to see the leak because it drips onto the block and evaporates. That's what the smell may be.

Search google images for "3800 series 3 coolant elbow" to see the part I am talking about.

The only way to find a coolant leak is to pressurize the cooling system. You can rent a coolant pressure tester from an auto supply store. Pressurize the system and look for leaks. You may have a leaking water pump.

The elbows can be purchased from the dealer. The water pump you can get from an auto supplier. Might as well change the thermostat while you are doing the other repair. Drain the cooling system and refill with fresh dex coolant.

Make sure you bleed all of the air out of the system or the car will overheat.

May 08, 2014 | 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix

1 Answer

Water leak


Apr 13, 2012 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

1997 ram 1500 5.2 l water jacket core plugs. where are they and how do u replace them

Well, if you can see water dripping from the freeze plug, I don't think I should have to tell you where it is located....You obviously already know that.

To change it, drain your cooling system the best you can. Then use a punch ot pry ber or something similar wjth a hammer to drive the plug into the engine block. Once the plug is driven in, it can be turned sideways and pulled out with a pair of pliers. Then you buy a new freeze plug and install it into the engine block to plug the hole. There are "freeze plug driver" tool kits available for performing this task. Some of the aftermarket parts suppliers will "loan" you the tools to accomplish this. Many of the freeze plugs are very difficult to access with the engine in the vehicle. MOST of them can be replaced without removing the engine, but many of them require the special driver tools to install them correctly.

Depending on WHICH freese plugs are leaking, other components like alternators, power steering pumps, motor mounts, etc. may have to be removed to gain access to them. The ones on the back of the engine block require the transmission to be removed in order to get to them. You just have to deal with each one as required.

In some cases where the cooling system is badly corroded, it is more cost-effective to just remove the engine from the vehicle and replace ALL of the freeze plugs. Again, this has to be judged on a case-by-case basis.

Jan 15, 2012 | 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 Club Cab

1 Answer

I have a Ford Taurus SES 2001. When the engine cools down I get two small patches of coolant that drip off of the front (water pump end of the engine) corners of the engine block. I have had the head...

Hello, You do have a water temperature sensor and radiator hose on top of the engine. There is a simple tool for testing the cooling system. A radiator pressure testing pump can pressurize the cooling system and even check the cap.

Some of the autoparts stores like Autozone, Advance, and Oreillys have tool loaner programs for a refundable deposit. This tool is similar to a bicycle pump with fittings for the radiator cap opening. You just pump up the system to the pressure stated on the cap.

The test can be run on a cold or warm engine. I hope my solution will let you find your leak.

Aug 13, 2011 | 2001 Ford Taurus

2 Answers

Over last 6 weeks 3 hoses have gone one by one now theres water dripping into drivers footwell

you don`t say what year or type of car this is.if its coolant dripping into the footwell and its a caravan then the heater core is over by that side of the car and could be whats leaking.

Jun 12, 2011 | Chrysler Voyager Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

My heat ( only blows cold air) won't work and my car seems like it's going to overheat. What could this be?

First, start by replacing the thermostat. It's located under the coolant filler cap / thermostat housing on a 2.4L dohc engine block on the upper left (passenger side)of the engine. We just replaced one in ours, but when we took the thermostat housing off, we discovered that the thermostat had broken/exploded, and that the lower thermostat spring and retainer were probably stuck inside the engine cooling galleries. We ran the car without replacing the thermostat, but it did not improve. The engine was still getting hot, and the heater blower still wasn't blowing hot air. We're going to try to replace the thermostat with the correct one (parts place gave us the wrong one and it didn't fit at all...), bleed the air out of the system again and see if there's some kind of link to there having to be a thermostat in the system. If that doesn't fix it, I'll have to look at the water pump to see if it's actually moving the water or not. If the water pump isn't functioning, the water isn't getting moved from the hot block to the radiator (where it's cooled through the radiator and goes back into the suction side of the water pump). If the pump is fine, and the new thermostat doesn't fix the problem, we'll have to investigate the possibility that the thermostat parts that got into the water galleries is somehow restricting the cooled water flow back into the engine, and that will be an expensive fix, I presume. Like all other cooling system problems though, start with replacing the thermostat. It's fast, cheap and will let you know where to look next if that doesn't fix it, but that problem is usually only a thermostat issue.

Feb 09, 2011 | 2002 Chrysler Sebring

1 Answer

1999 buick temperature guage sometime goes in the red and then back 2 normal...once it does that it takes my car awhile 2 heat up

Hello! Replace the thermostat, it is defective...I would suggest flushing the cooling system with the heat set to high...Your engine requires Dex-Cool anti-freeze...It, due to electrolysis, has a tendency to "clump" blocking proper flow...Drain the cooling system...Fill with plain water...Allow engine to heat up and when the thermostat opens shut down and drain...Do this three times or until water is clear...Replace thermostat and refill with Dex-Cool...Allow all air to escape before installing cap...


Feb 04, 2011 | 1999 Buick Century

1 Answer

How do i change a water pump on 1996 grand cherokee limited V8

I'll assume you have a 4.0l

The 4.0L engine is equipped with a reverse rotation (counterclockwise) water pump. The word REVERSE is stamped or imprinted on the cover of the viscous fan drive and on the inner side of t he fan. The letter R is stamped onto the water pump impeller. When replacing water pump, ensure proper pump is installed. Installation of the wrong water pump will cause engine overheating.

NOTE:On models with 4.0 L engine, front grill must be removed to access radiator draincock. Draining cooling system can be accomplished by removing drain plug from side of block as well as by loosening radiator draincock. Drain plug is located on lower left side of engine block.

Disconnect negative battery cable. Drain cooling system. Disconnect electric cooling fan connector. Remove electric cooling fan and electric fan shroud assembly (if equipped).
Loosen, but do not remove, 4 water pump pulley-to-water pump hub bolts and 4 viscous fan-to-idler pulley nuts. Remove accessory drive belt. Remove 4 viscous fan to idler pulley nuts, and remove fan and shroud together.
Remove 4 water pump pulley bolts and remove pulley. Remove power steering pump and bracket. Disconnect heater hoses and lower radiator hose at water pump. Remove 4 water pump retaining bolts. Remove water pump.

to install just reverse procedures

Apr 05, 2010 | 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee

1 Answer

Hi, just got advice from u, but local know it all said something about freeze plugs, what are they?

freeze plugs are brass shallow cup like inserts-about 1 inch wide that are pressed into the side of the block a v-8 would have about 3 on each side and as the name freeze-out plug suggests back when water was used in engine if water froze the plug would pop instead of water/ice cracking block - their on the side of the engine block if one is leaking replace will see anti-freeze/water weeping or dripping on side of block by plug

Mar 14, 2010 | Dodge Dakota Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

How do you replace the waterpump on a bmw z3 2.2

3.0 Coupe

Removing and installing complete water pump (M52 / S52 /M52TU/ M54 / M56)

Remove alternator
drive belt, refer to Engine, Cooling and Exhaust - Engine - Drive Belts, Mounts, Brackets and Accessories - Drive Belt - Service and Repair - Procedures See: Engine\Drive Belt\Service and Repair
Note: M52/S52 The water drain plug is located on the exhaust side between cylinders 4 and 5 in the engine block (illustration).
M52TU / M54 / M56 The water drain plug is located on the exhaust side on cylinder 2 in the engine block.
Drain and dispose of coolant.

Replace seal.
Tightening Torque, refer to Specifications - Mechanical. See: Specifications
Vent cooling system and check for leaks, refer to Engine, Cooling and Exhaust - Cooling System - Service and Repair - Procedures. See: Service and Repair
Release belt pulley,Release water pump.,Tighten two screws (M6) into thread of water pump and water pump out of timing case.

Replace O-ring and coat with coolant as anti-friction agent.

2.5L Roadster

Feb 21, 2009 | 2001 BMW Z3

Not finding what you are looking for?
1991 Nissan Pickup Logo

Related Topics:

72 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Nissan Experts


Level 3 Expert

77202 Answers

Phil Lovisek
Phil Lovisek

Level 3 Expert

726 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22265 Answers

Are you a Nissan Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides