Could you advise what are the cylinder head bolt tension settings for hyundai lantra j5. Could you email me back on firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks
let me see if i can get some info 4 you.
1. Drain the coolant and disconnect the upper radiator hose.
2. Remove the breather hose (between the air cleaner and the head cover).
3. Remove the air-intake hose.
4. Remove the vacuum hose, fuel hose and coolant hose.
5. Remove the cables from the spark plugs. The cables should be removed by holding the boot portion.
6. Remove the ignition coil.
7. Remove the power steering oil pump and bracket.
8. Remove the intake manifold.
9. Remove the heat protector and exhaust manifold assembly.
10. Remove the coolant pump pulley and the crankshaft pulley.
11. Remove the timing belt cover.
12. Remove the timing belt tensioner pulley.
13. Remove the timing belt.
14. Remove the head cover.
15. Remove the cylinder head assembly. The cylinder head bolts should be removed by using Special Tool, Cylinder Head Bolt Wrench (09221-32001) or equivalent, in the sequence as shown in the illustration in two or three steps.
16. Remove the gasket pieces from the cylinder block top surface and cylinder head bottom surface. NOTE: Make sure that the gasket pieces do not fall in the engine.
1. Clean all gasket surfaces of the cylinder block and the cylinder head.
2. Install a new cylinder head gasket onto the cylinder head assembly. Apply sealant to the gasket and do not reuse the old cylinder head gasket.
3. Install the cylinder head bolts. Starting at top center, tighten all cylinder head bolts in sequence as shown in illustration, using the Cylinder Head Bolt Wrench (09221 - 32001) or equivalent. Repeat the procedure, re-tightening all cylinder head bolt to the specified torque. (torque spec is Cold Engine 105-115 Nm (76-83 ft lb) )
4. Install the timing belt tensioner pulley.
5. Install the timing belt on the camshaft sprocket, making sure that the tension side is tightened by turning the camshaft sprocket in reverse, all timing marks are in alignment.
6. Adjust the timing according to "Timing Belt"
7. Install the rocker cover and tighten the bolts to the specified torque. Tightening torque: Rocker cover belt:
2.5-3.5 Nm (25-35 kg.cm, 2-3 ft. lbs.)
8. Install the timing belt cover.
9. Install the new intake manifold gasket and the intake manifold. Tighten the nuts and bolts to the specified torque.
10. Install the new exhaust manifold gasket and the exhaust manifold. Tighten the exhaust manifold attaching nuts to the specified torque.
11. Install the surge tank and tighten the nuts bolts to the specified torque.
12. Install the power steering oil pump and bracket.
13. Install the ignition coil.
14. Install the air intake hose.
15. Connect the vacuum hose, fuel hose and water hose.
16. Install breather hose.
Jun 08, 2011 |
Hyundai Elantra Cars & Trucks