Hello, I hope this info helps...(subytech1)...REMOVAL
In this engine, each individual spark plug is located under each ignition coil.
- Prior to removing spark plug, spray compressed air around base ofignition coil at cylinder head. This will help prevent foreign materialfrom entering combustion chamber.
- On this engine each individual ignition coil must be removedto gain access to each spark plug. Refer to Ignition CoilRemoval/Installation.
- Check condition of coil O-ring and replace as necessary.
- Inspect spark plug condition. Refer to Spark Plug Conditions.
Theplugs may be cleaned using commercially available spark plug cleaningequipment. After cleaning, file center electrode flat with a smallpoint file or jewelers file before adjusting gap.CAUTION:
Never use a motorized wire wheel brush to clean sparkplugs. Metallic deposits will remain on spark plug insulator and willcause plug misfire.ADJUSTMENT
Setting Spark Plug Gap - Typical
Check spark plug gap with a gap gauge tool. If the gap is not correct,adjust it by bending ground electrode. Never attempt to adjust gap bybending center electrode.INSTALLATION CAUTION:
This engine is equipped with copper core groundelectrode spark plugs. They must be replaced with the same type/numberspark plug as the original. If another spark plug is substituted,pre-ignition will result.
Special care should be taken when installing spark plugs into cylinderhead spark plug wells. Be sure plugs do not drop into plug wells asground straps may be bent resulting in a change in plug gap, orelectrodes can be damaged.
Always tighten spark plugs to specified torque. Over tightening cancause distortion resulting in a change in spark plug gap or a crackedporcelain insulator.
- Start spark plug into cylinder head by hand to avoid cross threading.
- Tighten spark plugs to 27 Nm (20 ft. lbs.) torque.
- Before installing coil(s), check condition of coil O-ring andreplace as necessary. To aid in coil installation, apply silicone tocoil O-ring.
- Install ignition coil(s). Refer to Ignition Coil Removal/Installation.