Question about 1993 Cadillac Allante
Ok to replace the heater core in the allante you must first take the door off the glove box by removing 4 screws in the corners by the hinges. Remove the valence below the dash on the passenger side.
Now follow these steps
1. remove the radio module disconnect all wires and set it aside
2. Remove the bracket that holds the engine control module slide it out and away
3. Remove the duct control unit slide it down and out from under the dash
4 remove the screws that hold the duct work together, rotate to right and then down from under the dash
5. After the prior the heater core is in view. it has two 8 mm screws holding it in place remove them
6. Now go under the hood with a long extension loosen the clamps on the heater core
7. with at least a 12 inch thin bent flat screwdriver at a 90 degree angle loosen the hose and wiggle it off the heater core nipples
8. Go back into the cockpit and remove the heater core by sliding rearward and to the right
9. Angle hater core down and slide out.
10. reverse to reassemble.
Posted on Oct 30, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 08, 2016 | 1988 Cadillac Fleetwood
Sep 20, 2014 | 1993 Cadillac Allante
Jun 18, 2013 | 1993 Cadillac Allante
Oct 21, 2012 | 1993 Cadillac DeVille
Jan 02, 2012 | 1993 Cadillac Allante
Feb 06, 2011 | 1993 Cadillac Allante
Nov 09, 2010 | 1993 Cadillac Allante
Jun 27, 2009 | 1989 Chevrolet Corvette
May 14, 2009 | 1993 Cadillac Allante
265 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: