- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You will need basic hand tools. First take off the serpentine belt. Unhook the high and low pressure lines, they should be toward the rear of the pump. Remove the four bolts securing it to the engine. Replace the pump and make sure to refill fluid.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Digiprog3 Odometer Correction Tool
well as for the tear on the belt the power stering pump is proably not so good enymore if the pully spin with the belt then it no good and when your put the belt back make sure you got it on right if you crank it and the power steering pulley isint moving then your just gonna shred another belt after another
If power steering fluid is full, but the belt driven power steering pump's pulley doesn't turn at a good speed, then the power steering won't work properly. Check that the belt tensioner is providing enough belt tension for the power steering pump to do its job.
If the rack and pinion is bad, it may also cause a lack of power steering in your vehicle.
Quick fix timing TDCproblem
0. Jack up car on passenger's side, block up for safety.
1. Remove tire #17 lug bolts
2. Remove skirt #10 2 bolts
3. Set crank to TDC "0" #17 bolt on crankshaft.
4. Loosen Power steering pump adjuster bolt #14 remove beltoff pulley.
5. Push PS pump back to fire wall far as possible.
6. Remove both bolts lower dog bone #14 bolts. they are a dog to get off.
6b step one withbraker bar get them loose.
6c Get smaller 1/4" socket wrench to fit on it. #14 1/4 to slip on it in a tight place.
6d Removebolts. Put in lower bone bolts in a cup for i.d.
7. Remove upper dog bolts. Put it upper dog bone cup.
8. Take out dog bone. parts
9. Remove bolts holding in upper timing belt cover. put intiming belt cover cup.
10. Remove upper timing belt cover. Yellow
11. unlock tichner #14 push down on tinchner lock it to makeloose belt.
remove thespring with needle nose pliers if it makes it eazy.
12 MOVE CAM TO SEE THE HOLE AND THE ROUND HOLE BEHIND IT,NOT
THE OTHER MARK.AS THE BOOK SAYS. THE ROUND HOLE IS ABOUT
5DEG BEFORE THESLIT MARK THAT YOU DON'T WANT TO USE.
13 SLIP THE BELT BACK ON CENTER THE TENCHIN ON THE BELT INBOTH
DIRECTIONS FROMTHE CAM SHAFT. ONE TOOTH BACK OF FOWARD
RECHECK CAM ANDCRANK MARKS. TIGHTEN IT UP TIME.
14 RELEACE TISHINGNER, TIGHTEN BELT PUSH CAM TO THE LEFT.
TO GET TIGHT INBOTH DIRECTIONS TEST FOR PLUCK TONE.
15 START UP CHK TIMING WITH LIGHT.
16 BUT POWER STERING PUMP BACK TIGHT.
17 PUT TIMING COVER BACK ON
18 REINSTALL DOG BONE
19 PUT SKRIT BACK ON
20 PUT TIRE BACK ON.
TEST IT ON 3 TRIPS.