Question about 1999 Ford Windstar
No need to pull the engine off. if you ar sure that there are no more bolts holding the water pump, tap it lightly with a hammer in the separation position . it is just stuck with the gasket. im sure it will come off the engine.
Posted on Aug 10, 2008
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 10, 2011 | 1997 Ford F350 Crew Cab
on Jan 16, 2015 | 1998 Ford Taurus
Sep 29, 2010 | 1999 Dodge Intrepid
Aug 10, 2010 | 1999 Ford Taurus
May 15, 2010 | 1995 Ford Windstar
1. Disconnect the battery ground cable.
2. Drain the cooling system. For additional information.
3. Remove the accessory drive belt.
4. Raise and support the vehicle.
5. Disconnect lower radiator hose from the water pump lower tube.
6. Remove the engine mount nuts.
Lower the vehicle.
7. Remove the cowl extension panel. (Thats theone with the wiper arms go through).
8. Disconnect the water bypass hose and the heater hose from the water pump outlet tube.
9. Remove the water pump outlet tube bolt and position the tube assembly out of the way.
10. Install the lifting eye to the exhaust manifold.
11. Attach engine lifting equipment and raise the engine 127 mm (5 inches).
12. Remove the bolt and the accessory belt idler pulley.
13. Remove the bolts and the generator support bracket.
14. Remove the four bolts and the water pump pulley.
15. Remove the water pump. Remove the five nuts. Remove the five studs.
Remove the four bolts. Remove the water pump, lower tube and gasket as an assembly.
Feb 22, 2010 | 2002 Ford Windstar Cargo
Apr 13, 2009 | 1996 Ford Windstar
Jan 27, 2009 | 1995 Ford F250
Nov 15, 2008 | 1983 Ford Escort Gt
Oct 07, 2008 | 2000 Ford Taurus
158 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!