Question about Daihatsu Rocky
SOURCE: I replaced the lifters in
1.5 and 1.8 engines:
* Install the rocker arm and shaft assemblies. Tighten the rocker arm shaft retainer bolts to 23 ft. lbs. (32 Nm).
* Check valve adjustment and install the valve cover. Tighten the valve cover bolts to 16 inch lbs. (1.8 Nm) for the 1.5L engine or to 29 inch lbs. (3.3 Nm) for the 1.8L engine.
* Lubricate the rocker shaft with clean engine oil and install the rockers and springs in their proper places.
* Install the rocker shaft assemblies on the engine. Tighten the bolts gradually and evenly to 21-25 ft. lbs. (29-35 Nm).
Fig. Rocker arm shafts and components-2.4L engine
* Fit the rocker shaft springs from above and position them so that they are at right angles to the plug side. Install the rocker springs before installing the exhaust side rocker shaft and rocker arm assembly.
* Install the exhaust side rocker shaft assembly in the engine. Tighten the rocker shaft mounting bolts gradually and evenly to 23 ft. lbs. (32 Nm).
* Remove the lash adjuster retaining tools.
* Install the rocker cover and tighten the mounting bolts to 30 inch lbs. (3 Nm).
* Reinstall the spark plug wires to the spark plugs.
Posted on Sep 06, 2010
Testimonial: "You were very helpful. Thank you very much."
99 chevy malibu v6 3.1 engine, head bolt torque is-- 98 through 2001 is step1- 37 foot lbs, step 2- rotate an additional 90 degrees (1/4 turn). the rocker arm bolts are 168-in. lbs.
Posted on Sep 07, 2010
SOURCE: I have a 1998 Holden
Go to this site.A lot of the cars are astra/vectra and you find all the info you will ever need.Search through it to the astra section.The vectra is also a Vauxhal,Opel or Chevrolet.All exactly the same car.This is the same for Astra.
Hope this helps
Posted on Apr 02, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 25, 2014 | Mazda Cars & Trucks
Oct 01, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Aug 10, 2014 | Holden Astra Cars & Trucks
May 20, 2014 | 1964 Austin-Healey 3000
Mar 21, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Nov 08, 2013 | 1991 Acura Legend
Jan 09, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
May 23, 2011 | GMC Sierra 2500 Cars & Trucks
170 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!