Chevy is known for using a cheap grade of wiring harnesses that corrode over time and short out. my 93 s10 blazer had a bad wire in the transmission harness resulting in only 2nd and 3rd gear and wouldnt shift by itself, i dont know if im right but something to check into.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Check the resistance of the Output Shaft Speed (OSS) sensor. It should be 300-500 ohms.
2. If the resistance is out of range, replace the sensor.
1. With the key in the Lock position, push in and hold the trip odometer reset button until the word Sof and a number show up in the odometer display. This is the software version number of the cluster.
2. Release the button and the cluster will display codes in the odometer and run through the calibration points with the gauges.
3. Note any codes.
4. The cluster will exit the calibration when the word End is displayed on the odometer.
IF YOU REMOVE INSTRUMENT CLUSTER AND UNPLUG IT,PLUG IT BACK IN AND UNPLUG IT AGAIN..DO THIS A FEW TIMES..IT SHOULD CLEAN OFF SLIGHT OXIDATION ON CONNECTOR TERMINALS..HAVE SEEN THIS BEFORE..I ALSO THINK REPAIR CONNECTORS AVAILABLE FROM DEALER
I would hold off on trying to buy a new or used instrument cluster unless your sure thats the problem.... your vehicle is equipped with a speed sending unit and that can be faulty ask your self is the other functions of the cluster working? tachometer, fuel, lights etc? then may only be sending unit for speed have it checked out by a pro or follow instructions of troubleshooting section of your repair manual I always try to keep it simple did you check the fuses and relays? then move on from there. If it is sending unit or cluster heres a place I have used for years to get hceap good used and new parts Peach street autorecycling 18003652341 ggod luck and dont forget to rate me if I have helped.