Question about 2000 GMC Jimmy
Cannot remove the stickshift handle on my 2000 gmc jimmy sle
I recently replaced my stickshift in my 1999 GMC Sonoma. Yours should be very similar.
It's really very simple but requires a bit of strength.
- Push the rubber collar down the stick until you see two nuts at the bottom.
- Grab a pair of wrenches (I forget what size they are)
- Put a wrench on each nut and twist them opposite each other
- Put your back into it, they're tough
- Once loose, just unscrew your stick and away you go!
Hope this helps!
Posted on Sep 10, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 21, 2015 | 2000 GMC Jimmy
Oct 22, 2014 | 2000 GMC Jimmy
Oct 15, 2011 | 2000 GMC Jimmy
Mar 01, 2011 | 2000 GMC Jimmy
Nov 17, 2010 | 2000 GMC Jimmy
Jun 20, 2010 | 2000 GMC Jimmy
Mar 23, 2010 | 1997 GMC Jimmy
Mar 19, 2010 | 2000 GMC Jimmy
Feb 12, 2009 | 2000 GMC Jimmy
98 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!