Question about 1996 Ford Mustang
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Generally, you can check and test alternator with this procedure...
1. Clean the positive and negative battery terminals to ensure a good connection with the tester's clamps.
2. Connect the positive and negative clamps to the appropriate battery terminals. The clamps must make firm contact with the battery terminals or the test results will be inaccurate or the tester may not work at all.
3. Turn the tester on and choose the option for "full charging system test." This will test your battery, starter and alternator and provide the most accurate picture of the problem.
4. Follow the directions on the tester's screen. These instructions will include cranking the vehicle after the battery test is performed, holding the engine at a certain RPM range and turning on certain accessories.
5. Read the results displayed on the tester's screen. The tester should scroll through the results, starting with the battery, then the starter and finally the alternator. An alternator test result showing diode ripple problems indicates a bad alternator.
Hope helps (remember rated this).
Read more: How to Test a Car's Alternator | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_2079784_test-cars-alternator.html#ixzz0spTYveGJ
Posted on Jul 05, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 28, 2010 | 1997 Ford Mustang Cobra
Aug 07, 2010 | 1997 Ford Mustang Cobra
Jun 02, 2010 | 1995 Ford Mustang
Mar 30, 2010 | 1997 Ford Mustang Cobra
Nov 07, 2009 | 2001 Ford Mustang
Oct 11, 2009 | 1999 Ford Mustang Cobra
Apr 26, 2009 | 1999 Ford Mustang Cobra
111 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: