Question about 2006 Ford Freestar
What ID number? Are you trying to find a replacement? There are only 2 kinds used in a 2006 Freestar - with a message center (6F2Z-10849-BB) and without the message center (6F2Z-10849-BB)
NOTE: If the instrument cluster is replaced, the new one must be programmed to work with your engine computer or the engine will not run - it will go into theft-protect mode.
Getting it out is very easy:
1. Disable the Supplemental Restraint System
2. Tilt the steering column to the lowest position
3. Remove the steering column cover
4. Remove the instrument cluster finish panel
5. Remove the screw and disconnect the cable for the shift indicator
6. Remove instrument cluster screws
7. Disconnect the instrument cluster wiring connector
8. Remove instrument cluster
9. Reverse procedure to install
Posted on Apr 08, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 15, 2017 | Cars & Trucks
Mar 22, 2014 | 1992 Buick Park Avenue
Oct 03, 2013 | 2002 Ford Explorer
Mar 09, 2013 | Chevrolet Cars & Trucks
Dec 30, 2011 | 2003 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab
Jul 13, 2010 | 2001 Ford F150 Styleside SuperCrew
Aug 31, 2009 | 1997 Buick Park Avenue
Apr 22, 2009 | Toyota RAV4 Cars & Trucks
1,672 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!