Question about 2001 Chevrolet Cavalier
Welcome to Fixya
Sounds like there is not enough gas reach to the engine. This caused by clogged/dirty fuel filter. Your engine will experience sputtering, increased crank time and poor performance.If you have not replaced the fuel filter of the car from the very beginning then i highly recommend to replace it now.
Here's the procedure:
1. Locate the fuel filter. On a 2001 Chevy Cavalier, the filter is located behind the fuel tank, near the center of the vehicle behind the driver's door. Because it is tucked in a nook behind the tank, it can be difficult to access.
2. Use a ratchet with a socket to remove the bolts holding the hanging bracket in place. The fuel filter will drop down when the bracket is removed.
3. Place a drip pan under the fuel filter. Hold the fuel line lightly near the base of the connector with a pair of pliers. This will help prevent the fuel line from tearing when you turn the connector.
4. Use a quick connect special service tool to loosen the plastic connectors holding the fuel line to the filter at both ends. Unlike other vehicles, the 2001 Chevy Cavalier does not use connector nuts that can be loosened with a wrench. You can purchase this tool at an auto parts store when you purchase the replacement filter.
5. Connect the fuel lines to the new filter, making sure the new filter faces the same direction as the old one. Replace the bracket bolts to hold the filter in place.
Tools that you need:
Quick connect special service tool
Replacement fuel filter
Please let me know if you have further questions.
Thank you for using Fixya!
Posted on Apr 08, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 09, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Mar 04, 2014 | 2001 Chevrolet Cavalier
Dec 19, 2013 | 2000 Chevrolet Cavalier
If you push the clutch all the way down and the engine doesn't turn over, it could be a battery or wiring problem, or maybe a bad starter. If you have checked all these, check the clutch safety switch under the instrument panel.
Sep 18, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Aug 05, 2010 | 2000 Chevrolet Cavalier
Jun 09, 2009 | 2000 Nissan Maxima
Jun 02, 2009 | 1992 Chevrolet Cavalier
Dec 17, 2008 | 2000 Chevrolet Cavalier
43 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: