Question about Ford Focus

2 Answers

I have a plastic tube on top of my radiator that has four hoses connected to it that is cracked. i cant find the part name or number or a diagram that has it labeled, need help asap....2003 ford focus zx3

Posted by on


2 Answers

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

  • Contributor
  • 1 Answer

I have the same problem. Were you able to get a part number?

Posted on Dec 13, 2012

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert who has written 50 answers of more than 400 characters.


    An expert who has posted more than 50 answers, of which 90% or more were rated as helpful.

  • Expert
  • 71 Answers

It seems that you are referring to the coolant expansion tank. It's located on the passenger side engine compartment above the wheel well. The base part # is 8A080. If you go to the dealer with this number and your vehicle identification number they will be able to find the exact part for you. Good luck.

Posted on Apr 08, 2011


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

2 Answers

Sealed radiator on top - radiator hose has blown off twice - not overheating HELP

aluminum radiator
plastic top and base seal
tanks held in with crimps on aluminum radiator

find a local radiator shop to replace top seal and top plastic part
of that radiator
not as expensive as a new radiator

replace the thermostat

pressure is too much on that crack for any diy repair product

pop off hose at the wrong time =cook the motor


Apr 29, 2017 | 1996 Isuzu Trooper

2 Answers

How do you access the radiator on a 2000 plymouth breeze? where is the radiator located ?


Jul 25, 2011 | 1999 Plymouth Breeze

1 Answer

What is the maintenance schedule? my vehilce is at 220,000 I just bought it and want to make sure its tip-top.

If you have no maintenance history, you have to assume that it has not been kept up, There could be a lot of things that need attention with a car this old. You may want to spread these things out over a number of weekends to ease the burden on your wallet and time.
1) Check all the plastic and rubber tubing between the air filter and the throttle body for cracks. 2) Check all the plastic and rubber parts in the cooling system for brittleness and cracks. Look carefully for seepage from the top radiator hose connection, the radiator end tanks, and beneath the water pump and thermostat housing. Seepage is a warning of impending failure. 3) Check the outboard ball joints, the tie rod ends, and the suspension bushings for looseness. 4) Change the oil 5) Change the coolant (use BMW brand coolant) 6) Change the brake fluid 7) Change the transmission oil (automatic or manual - no, it is NOT really permanent) Inspect the guibo in the drive shaft and the U-joints while you are under there. 8) Change the differential oil
High quality parts are available on line from a number of vendors. I generally use Autohaus AZ, but I could name a dozen excellent parts suppliers on line. There are so many good ones that the bad ones have disappeared. Just avoid Chinese-, and India-made parts (which now include some well-known name brands).
If the above has not thoroughly intimidated you. You might want to read the following thread:

Jul 11, 2011 | 1996 BMW 318

1 Answer

How do I replace the radiator on a 1992 Mercury Sable LS with a 3.8 liter engine?

remove covers from top of rad. unhook upper and lower large hoses you might want to save your coolant in a bucket. unhook two aluinum tubes running from trans from bottom of radiator remove plastic overflow tank where you add coolant i believe its on the right side in front of wheel thre may be a couple of bolts on top but none on bottom of radiator pull that ****** like a tooth alot of times the front motor mount will break and let the engine twist and pull the upper hose on the rad. and that cracks the plastic radiator if so check around. those mounts can be damn expensive but advanced auto hadem cheap bye from sunny austin tx

Feb 24, 2011 | Mercury Sable Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

My 1998 Chevy Silverado has coolant leaking from the radiator at the small metal fitting at the top drivers side of the rad. Is the a seal that can be replaced or does the entire rad need to be replaced?

There's not usually a seal for these, the metal is commonly molded into the plastic sides of the radiator.. Remove the radiator tube and inspect the plastic around the fitting for cracks. If you find cracks in the plastic, then you know your answer. If it's leaking from around the radiator hose you could try replacing the clamp with a hose clamp that you can tighten with a screw driver.

My guess is the plastic is cracked there, and the radiator needs replaced, but you should inspect it first of course.

Good luck

May 09, 2010 | 1998 Chevrolet C1500

2 Answers

2001 ford focus - plastic coolant tube cracked

it's called the degas bottle becuase it is pressurized and flows coolant through it all the time so it can purge air.

Jan 15, 2010 | 2001 Ford Focus

1 Answer

Where is the thermostat located on a 1998 isuzu rodeo 3.2L

Hello joshmalik81: My name is Roger and I will help you. First drain down the coolant in the radiator. Next follow the upper radiator hose back to the top of the engine. You will find it connects to a metal tube held down by four bolts. Remove the four bolts and lift up the tube. You will find the thermostat under this metal tube.
Should you need further help please just ask. Please rate the answer. This way I know it was helpful. Thank You for using Fix Ya. Roger

Dec 12, 2009 | 1998 Isuzu Rodeo

4 Answers

A/c comes out of front defroster. I also found a vacuum hose lose near the front firewall and I cant find out where it goes.

I tried to give you a vaccum diagram but the manufacture will not release that info to outsiders. you need to find where the hose goes to.if you loose vac to the controls it goes to defrost mode.

May 27, 2009 | 1999 GMC Safari

Not finding what you are looking for?
Cars & Trucks Logo

Related Topics:

176 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Ford Experts


Level 3 Expert

78919 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22326 Answers


Level 3 Expert

5675 Answers

Are you a Ford Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides