Question about GMC Envoy
Take it an have it check at a qualified repair shop for DTC'S - diagnostic trouble codes . Could have problem with the liftgate/endgate module. Don't try guessing to find a repair .
The keyless entry system has the following main components:
• The transmitters
• The endgate module (EGM) (XUV only)
• The liftgate module (LGM) (Except XUV)
When you press a button on a transmitter, the transmitter sends a signal to the liftgate module. The module interprets the signal and activates the requested function via a class 2 message over the serial data line.
Do you know what class 2 serial data communication network is ?
You need a scan tool to program the remotes .
Program All Key Fobs
To complete this programming operation, all keyless entry transmitters associated with the vehicle must be available for programming. Once placed into program mode, all previously programmed transmitters will be erased from memory upon the receipt of the programming signal from the first transmitter.
Close the lift gate.
Ignition ON, access the scan tool Liftgate Module Setup menu and select Program All Key Fobs.
Follow the the scan tool on screen instructions in order to program the transmitters. Select "Start" on the scan tool to enter the program mode.
As each transmitter is successfully programmed, the scan tool will show how many transmitters have been placed into memory.
When all transmitters are programmed, exit the program mode by selecting "Stop" on the scan tool. The vehicle will not respond to the transmitters until the program mode is exited.
Operate the transmitter functions in order to verify correct system operation.
012 GM Class II Communications
Posted on Jul 25, 2017
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Reprograming a keyless remote
program transmitter code(s) as follows:
1) Confirm that all the doors are closed and the ignition key is out of the ignition cylinder.
2) Open the driver’s door. Insert the key and turn the ignition switch to ON position within 10 seconds.
3) Turn the ignition switch to OFF position within 10 seconds, remove ignition key from lock cylin-der.
4) Push and release the driver’s door switch (1) 3 times within 20 seconds.
5) Insert the ignition key and turn the ignition switch to ON position within 10 seconds.
6) Turn the ignition switch to OFF position within 10 seconds, remove ignition key from lock cylin-der.
7) Press and hold both LOCK and UNLOCK buttons (2) on the transmitter (3) for more than 5 seconds
within 20 seconds of removing the ignition key from the lock cylinder in step 6.
8) Press LOCK or UNLOCK button (2) on the transmitter (3) within 5 seconds (after step 7). All the
doors will lock/ unlock to confirm that this process has been properly done.
With this process, the transmitter has been programmed.
9) If you want to program an additional transmitter, repeat the procedure from Step 1) through Step 8).
10) Make sure that the keyless entry system properly operates by operating each transmitter.
Posted on Nov 08, 2008
SOURCE: reprogram keyless entry system
1991-94 Nissan Maxima key less entry reprogramming procedure:
1. Enter the *original code found under the dashboard.
(*the code begins with the letter F and has 7 digits)
2. Close the doors and lock all of the doors,
enter the 7 digit code ( make sure you have your key in hand).
3. Once the code is entered correctly you will hear a long beep ♪ ♫.
While the beep ♪ ♫ is sounding ... ENTER your NEW 4 digit code, (you will then hear random beeps ♪ ♫)
Do not touch anything until the beeping ♪ ♫ stops.
4. To open the doors, the front windows and the trunk,
type: S(Clear) and the New 4 digit code and the door will open automatically.
5. IF by any chance you forget your new code. Just enter the original one and start all over.
Posted on Dec 15, 2008
SOURCE: keyless entry won't work
I have a 1999 BMW E46 I have had a problem with the keyless entry myself. I brought the car to BMW Dealer and they told me that my Lock had an issue and that they need to repair some wiring wich would cost me $1,023.98 to find out that it was a fuse that burned out. I have replaced the 5 amp fuse with another one but it burned the fuse again so I put a 10 amp fuse and i have not had a problems since. In my car is fuse # 54 if Im not mistaken. But waht you can do is open the fuse box which is located in your glove compartment look for a diagram that shows you which fuse is where it will give you a fuse name a number where the fuse is located and how many amps fuse it is.
Posted on Dec 23, 2008
SOURCE: Reprogram a keyless entry remote
this is how to program the remotes/keyless entry
The 5 digit permanent code is located in one of the following places
Posted on Jan 13, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 18, 2016 | 2004 Ford F150
Nov 12, 2014 | 2003 GMC Envoy
Jun 03, 2012 | 2000 Ford Explorer
May 15, 2011 | GMC Envoy Cars & Trucks
Dec 28, 2010 | 2004 GMC Envoy
Nov 28, 2010 | 1996 Ford Econoline
May 14, 2010 | 2004 GMC Envoy
Mar 29, 2010 | 2004 Mazda 6
Mar 25, 2010 | 2004 GMC Envoy
49 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!