Question about Mercury Cougar
You can retrieve and read the trouble codes from your Cougar right from your home garage. All you need is an OBD I code reader. The Mercury Villager was a minivan produced by Ford Motor Company from 1993 to 2002. It has an On-Board Diagnostics first-generation computer (OBD I) that receives and stores trouble codes sent to it from sensors positioned throughout the vehicle. When the computer receives one of these codes, it alerts you to the situation by illuminating a warning light on the instrument panel.
1. Put the key into the ignition and turn it "On," but don't start the engine.
2. Plug the OBD I code reader into the diagnostic port located on the driver's dashboard underneath the steering column.
3. Turn the code reader on and wait for it to interface with the computer. Select the "Read Codes" command from the menu on the code reader.
4. Write down the codes it displays on a piece of paper. Look up the meaning of the codes in the code reader manual.
5. Unplug the code reader from the dashboard and turn off the vehicle. Have your car serviced or repaired based on the information obtained from the codes.
About procedure to disarm the theft or security, I suggest check in this link the Cougar Owners Manual.
Posted on Apr 06, 2011
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 20, 2018 | 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser
May 18, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
May 17, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Oct 20, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Sep 06, 2012 | 1999 Mercury Sable
Aug 27, 2010 | 1998 Mitsubishi Mirage
Oct 19, 2009 | 2000 Mercury Cougar
Mar 06, 2009 | 1999 Pontiac Bonneville
Jan 04, 2009 | 1997 Chevrolet Lumina
75 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: