Question about Chevrolet Express
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
cabin air filter is in the airbox behind the glove compartment,
unclip the glovebox, look behind it for a small access door, undo the latches, and voila! theres your cabin air filter! (if equipped, some model equinoxes dont have it!)
Posted on Apr 01, 2009
SOURCE: cabin filter element location
Filter is located behind the glove box. All you need is a screwdriver to replace.
1. Open the glove box and empty to take the weight off the box.
2. On the right side there is a plastic hinge like device held on by one Phillips head screw. If you have trouble removing with a Phillips screwdriver you can remove with a narrow flat head screwdriver. Remove the screw and slide hinge off the mount.
3. To drop the glove box press the sides slightly inwards while 'forcing' it open beyond it's normal stopping point. Careful as when it releases it will fall wide open and may even fall from its hinged area. Set it aside.
4. Behind the glove box there is probably some fiberous material inserted to prevent noise like squeaking when it rubs. It is sticky on one side to hold it in place. Just remove and place out of the way.
5. Behind the fiberous material there'll be a cover which kinda looks like a grille. Mine was white and it is in the center of the opening. Remove it by releasing the clips at the left or right. It comes right out.
6. When the cover comes off slide the filter out and replace it. The filter lays flat and just slides in and out easily. However, if it has been some time since you replaced be prepared for a lot of debris on top of the filter such as leaves, grass or other general type of debris that has been sucked into the filter. It also may be the source of any bad odors that you smell through the air conditioning system.
7. Reverse the process. Replace the cover and push the glove box lid back into place. When you replace the glove box be careful to make sure the hinge you initiallly removed the screw from is not left behind the glove box or you will have to remove again to get it out. Replace the screw and do not over tighten as it screws into plastic and then your done.
Posted on May 07, 2009
In the Glove compartment on the left hand side there is a black snap on cover pull it from the bottom and it will come open. There is 2 filters in this spot.
Posted on Jun 28, 2009
You should get instructions on where to put the air filter when you purchase new ones. I think that it is under the dash on the passenger side. There should be a cover underneath the glove box with screws holding it in place. This thing takes two air filters so Chevy can milk more money out of you.
Posted on Oct 24, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 25, 2013 | 1987 Ford Ranger
Mar 20, 2013 | 2003 Chevrolet S-10
Feb 16, 2013 | 2006 Chevrolet Express
Feb 08, 2013 | 1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
May 09, 2012 | 2006 Chevrolet Express
Aug 08, 2011 | 1999 Chevrolet Express
Mar 18, 2011 | Chevrolet 2500 Cars & Trucks
Sep 05, 2010 | 2006 Chevrolet Express
Jan 03, 2010 | Chevrolet Express Cars & Trucks
1,656 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: