Question about 1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue
1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue
IGNITION SWITCH AND LOCK CYLINDER REPLACEMENT
1. Disconnect battery
2. Disable Supplemental Restraint System (Airbags)
3. Remove traction control switch from rear of center console plate
4. Open console lid and remove screws at front of console
5. Pull console plate up to release clips and slide over shifter
6. Pull rearward to release clips retaining instrument panel accessory trim plate to instrument panel
7. Remove screws attaching radio to instrument panel
8. Disconnect electrical connectors and remove radio
9. Take down instrument panel hush panels and disconnect courtesy lights. Remove hush panels
10. Remove knee bolster and knee bolster bracket from driver's side below steering column
11. Remove screws from IPC trim plate
12. Pull out instrument panel cluster trim plate to release from retainers
13. Remove trip odometer and reset switch from IPC trim plate
14. Remove IPC trim plate
15. Remove screws from IPC and pull IPC out
16. Disconnect electrical connectors from IPC and remove IPC from the instrument panel
17. Disconnect ignition switch connectors
18. Turn ignition switch to the ACC position and remove park lock cable from ignition switch
19. Turn ignition switch to ON position
20. Depress and hold locking tab on right side of ignition switch with a small, flat-bladed screwdriver and pull ignition lock cylinder from ignition switch
21. Remove ignition switch bezel from ignition lock cylinder
22. Remove screws attaching ignition switch to bracket
23. Remove ignition switch through the IPC opening
24. To install, reverse procedure
Posted on Apr 05, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 04, 2013 | 1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue
1. Close all doors.
2. Insert key into the ignition cylinder but do not turn it.
3. Press and hold the Unlock button on door lock switch on drivers door.
Hold until instructed to release in step 6.
4. Remove key from ignition and then insert key into ignition without turning ignition cylinder and remove key.
5. Insert key in ignition a third time and leave key in ignition. Do Not turn ignition.
6. Release door lock switch on drivers door panel.
A Chime will sound 3 times indicating that you are in programming mode.
7. Press both the Lock and Unlock buttons on the remote up to 30 seconds.
A chime will sound 2 times if remote has programmed successful.
8. Repeat step 7 if you are programming additional remotes.
9. Remove key from ignition to exit programming mode.
NOTE: If you are having trouble getting this procedure to work, we have found that some vehicles need step 3 to be done before step 2.
Did you make sure to pull the key out after the procedure? This closes the "programming mode".
Mar 14, 2012 | 1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue
Aug 05, 2011 | 2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue
Apr 05, 2010 | 1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue
Mar 09, 2010 | 2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue
Apr 26, 2009 | 1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue
Mar 20, 2009 | 1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue
Oct 25, 2008 | 1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue
1,963 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: