Question about 2005 Kia Rio
Nobody can fix my brake light, they say they don't know how to get it out without breaking it. I called the dealer and they said it would be 20 to 30 dollars to fix it. That's bogus. I can't find anywhere online that explains how to do it. Please help.
I did it!!! To change the left brakelight, you open the hatch and remove the two screws on the right side of the light assembly. Then remove the cubby hole inside the left side of the hatch. Inside you will see 3 hex nuts. You only have to remove the one in the center (closest to you) not the ones down and inside. Once you remove that nut, pull the light assembly off (from the outside). There is a plug that will be holding it on. I carefully **** a straight screwdriver in the narrow side just to get it to move out a little, then you grab the whole thing and pull it out, you may have to wiggle it some. It seems like it will break, but it won't. It's just a metal thing sticking into a plug. The whole assembly will pull out (not too hard so you don't break any wires or connectors) then you follow the instructions to replace the bulb. Once the bulb is replaced, you simply line up the metal thing as you push the assembly back on. You might have to smack (open bare handed please) to get it back in. Replace all screws and stuff and that's it!
Posted on Sep 19, 2008
After removing the 3 nuts on the back that held the light assembly on I used a pair of pliers and pushed the white plastic retainer nubby thing through the hole. By squeezing it with the pliers it also pushed in the tabs somewhat so that it was easier to push the nubby back out through the hole. I found this a lot easier then yanking on the light assembly trying to pull it out. It felt less likely I would break it.
Posted on Jan 15, 2009
Light hit with a hammer on white plastic retainer did the trick
Posted on Nov 02, 2011
To replace bulb in Kia Rio Rx V tail light. you need a phillip screw driver some called it cross tip screw driver and a hammer.
1. open hatch, you will see two screw, on the right side of the tail light assembly, take that screw out and put that aside.
2. behind the tail light there is a pocket hole. using a pointed steel or flat screw driver take out the two screw cover and unscrew it.Then inside that pocket box there are 2 plastic screw, take that out and full the whole box out to expose the back portion of the t/light assembly.
3. At the back of the assembly there is a 10mm nut, take the nut out using a socket or small wrench. Set the nut aside.
4. Then hold the tail light assembly, try to wiggle it, then hold it and lean at the back of the tail light assembly looking on the white plug and hit it several times with the handle of the hammer to make it loose.
5. So thats it, the rest of the procedure where so easy. Good luck!!!
Posted on Oct 01, 2012
I looked at one that we have around here and the bulb is accessible through the trunk area on this one.
Posted on Aug 05, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 05, 2016 | 2002 Kia Rio
Nov 05, 2014 | 2004 Kia Rio
Oct 30, 2011 | 2005 Kia Rio
Jul 15, 2011 | 2005 Kia Rio
Mar 29, 2009 | 2005 Kia Rio
Dec 23, 2008 | 2003 Kia Rio
4,253 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: