Question about 1998 Audi A4
You must have the security anti-theft code for your Audi radio from the car manufacturer, or from an Audi dealer!
You can find the radio code at: http://www.radio-code.co.uk/
The sequence of programming for 1998 Audi A4 radio is:
1. Push simultaneous "SCAN" and "RDS" keys until on the screen will appear "1000" displayed.
2. Release keys. No more push on "SCAN" and "RDS" keys because otherwise number "1000" will be considered as first safe code attempt.
For example: we have the security code "5079". Then:
3. By the no.# 1 key you will set up the first safe code digit. Push 5 times on the no.# 1 button. The "5" number will be setted.
4. By the no.# 2 key you will set up the second safe code digit. Push 10 times on the no.# 2 button. The "0" number will be setted.
5. By the no.# 3 key you will set up the third safe code digit. Push 7 times on the no.# 3 button. The "7" number will be setted.
6. By the no.# 4 key you will set up the four-th safe code digit. Push 9 times on the no.# 4 button. The "9" number will be setted.
7. Then push again simultaneous "SCAN" and "RDS" keys for confirm this safe code. On the screen will be displayed "SAFE" notice. Release keys! For few seconds a radio frequence will be displayed. The radio is now ready for use!
Posted on Apr 01, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
you need to put the ket to key on but not have the engine running let sit for one hour that should reset your radio so you can input your code.
Posted on Sep 03, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 17, 2011 | 1996 Audi A4
Jan 16, 2011 | 2000 Audi A4
Jan 04, 2011 | 1998 Audi A4
Nov 27, 2010 | 1998 Audi A4
Oct 13, 2009 | 2001 Audi A4
Sep 02, 2009 | 1998 Audi A4
Mar 24, 2009 | 1999 Audi A4
Mar 04, 2009 | 1998 Audi A4
190 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: