Question about 2005 Hyundai Accent

1 Answer

How does metal piece over plugs come off - 2005 Hyundai Accent

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert who has answered 20 questions.


    An expert that hasĀ over 10 points.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 2 times.

  • Contributor
  • 31 Answers

They are usually just pressed in. To get the boot off twist it to free it from the plug. A spark plug socket will fit inside the metal heat shield tube

Posted on Mar 30, 2011


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

One of the spark plug wires keeps coming off after about 2 minutes of the motor running. Something easy or not?

Maybe you need new spark plug wires? There may be a metal piece inside the spark plug wire end, maybe you can use a pair of pliers to squeeze the metal piece just a little. Make sure the wire snaps down on the spark plug, sometimes you feel it.

Sep 15, 2017 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

I have a 1990 Chevy Lumina I knocked the ignition all I took the steering wheel off now I can't get the metal cover off behind the steering wheel how you get it off

Is that metal cover spring loaded, push down on it, see if it moves? If it does, there is probably a ring clip that holds the metal piece, have to push down hard on the metal piece to get room to remove ring clip. I believe they make a tool to push down on that metal piece. In my younger years I used to be able to push that metal piece down by hand. I'm just an old timer, now.

I'm not positive we're talking about the same piece?

Jan 10, 2016 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

What is air gap on distributor pickup on 87 Toyota 4x4 pickup w/22r

The rotor spins inside the distributor cap. At the end of the rotor is a curved metal piece. At each spark plug, inside the distributor cap are metal posts that are cut out. When rotor spins inside cap a spark jumps from the rotor end to the post, to the plug wire ,to the spark plug.The space between the rotor and post in the cap where the spark jumps, is the air gap.

Jul 09, 2014 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Only the left speakers are working 2010 altima

if the radio and DVD work, and only one channel comes on when you plug in your iPhone (i assume used for music), you may have a mono plug
(the tip looks like two pieces of metal, separated by plastic), going into a "stereo" jack (the stereo plug going into this should look like three pieces of metal, separated by two plastic).
for the earpiece with mike, used on a cell, that plug would look like four pieces of metal.

Feb 19, 2012 | 2010 Nissan Altima 2.5

1 Answer

Engine cranks but does not start

is there fuel inthe vehicle , or do you get spark at the spark plug lead , to test that you will have to get a screw driver with the insulated handle , you then pull out one of the spark plug lead and put the screw driver in it and hold the screw on the handle and let the metal part go to some metal part of the engine ( about 1/4 away and then let some one crank the engine , while the engine is being cranked you will notice spark on the metal piece of the screw driver jumping to the metal piece of the engine . reply me what you found .

Aug 13, 2010 | 1988 Ford F 350

1 Answer

I too am having a problem removing the small metal piece from the back of my 2002 pontiac grand prix rear view mirror. It fell off the windshield due to the heat, I'm supposing. It has the Onstar...

It should be the same as the ones from the late 90's. You have 3 pieces there. The metal piece comes out the bottom of the mirror and should have a piece of plastic attached to it. It is a friction fit with the actual mirror so it shouldn't require a lot of hammering or even hard hammering.
Once the mirror is off there should be a small slot in the remaining plastic and metal. Use a small screwdriver or something similar to push in on a clip that is inside and the plastic and metal should separate. Hope this helps.

Aug 10, 2010 | 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix

1 Answer


new plug wire or plug or distributor rotor. check wire to make sure its gettin fire. take a straight screwdriver and put in the wire and have your metal part of the screwdriver is touchin another piece of metal so you dont get shocked. if it sparks in the wire then you have fire just get a new plug and it should fix your problem

Jul 29, 2010 | 1996 Ford Explorer

1 Answer

I have a 99 buick century and it has a blown headgasket i need to know if it is the same problem that the 3.8 had with the plastic piece melting and they have a kit with a metal piece to replace it ??

yes the new system kits has launched with metal fittings instead of when the heat increases the plastic starts melting but the metal does not get melt and due to this it lasts longer.but fitting metal piece is bit a garage mechanic job as its bit hart to set the metal piece and plastic piece fits quite easily.but once the metal piece is fitted then its no problem.
This will help. Thanks please keep updated.please do rate the solution positively .thank you for using fixya.

Oct 30, 2009 | Buick Century Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Cant change sparkplug due to a piece of thin metal around plug

change the plugs from under the car, that is how the manual tells u to do it.

Jun 18, 2009 | 2004 Ford Freestyle

1 Answer

I lock the back door of my dodge (1997 grand caravan) there is a metal piece on the lock that does not allow the door to close. Please help

take a screwdriver and place it in the opening behind the metal piece ...apply light pressure against the metal piece as you pull the handle like you were opening the liftgate....this should allow the piece to flip open

Jan 04, 2009 | 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan

Not finding what you are looking for?
Cars & Trucks Logo

Related Topics:

37 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Hyundai Experts


Level 3 Expert

76109 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22156 Answers

Jeff Turcotte
Jeff Turcotte

Level 3 Expert

8270 Answers

Are you a Hyundai Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides