Question about 2004 Nissan 350Z
It's a computer error. Involves turning key to ON (not starting the car), waiting for the flashing to start, then immediately to OFF. Wait 3-5 seconds, then turn back to ON. Repeat 2 more times (3 total).
Turn to ON. It goes into "Diagnosis Mode" in which the flashing slows down noticeably. Now, turn key back to OFF and wait 3 seconds, then back to ON. It should be reset. Saved me hundreds figuring out that this worked.
Posted on Aug 01, 2009
Woooow, thank you! worked just perfect on my 2006 Altima.
Posted on Apr 22, 2009
1. On most vehicles, the airbag light should come on for @6 seconds, and then go off if the system is working properly. If there is a fault or a problem in the system, the light will remain illuminated, or flash continuously. If the airbag light does not work properly, some vehicles have an audible tone that sounds indicating a problem with the airbag light system. When the light is on (or the tone is sounding), the airbag will NOT deploy, even in an accident. Most systems can only be diagnosed using a scanner designed for the airbag system, however some use flash codes to indicate the problem. The scanners at Auto Zone or the ones that sell for @ $50 will not access the airbag system, only the engine systems (check engine light).
This website gives you the procedure for diagnosing and resetting some systems without a scanner. Some vehicle manufacturers accommodate that (like Toyota, Lexus, Nissan, Infinity, Honda, Acura, Ford, Lincoln, Mazda & Mercury) and some require a scan tool. http://www.airbagsolutions.com/
Check out these websites also for more info on airbag systems and the light.
Check out this scanner for AIRBAG>>>It’s the cheapest one I’ve found!
2. Try This, I got this from ClubArmada.com It worked for me.
Since some of you guys here are new owners I thought I'd save you a trip to the dealer once you start modifing your armada's. I'm not sure what set's it off (other than pulling things apart) but at some point you will likely end up with a flashing airbag sensor light. Here is how to reset it yourself.
1. Turn the key from off to on.
2. Watch the airbag light closely. It will stay on for a few secs. and then as soon as it blinks off (the start of the flashing), turn the key off instantly.
3. Count to 5 (1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi . . . .)
4. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times until you have done the cycle three times.
5. Now turn the key on and watch the light. It will start blinking in a different, slower manner. This is diagnostic mode. You can watch this for a little while, no hurry.
6. Now turn the key off again, Count to 5 like in step 3 again, and turn back on. If the procedure worked, the airbag light will not be flashing.
3. here you go it works.
1. Turn ignition switch from OFF to ON.
2. Air Bag warning lamp is on for 7 seconds and turns off, the turn ignition switch OFF within 1 second after the lamp turn off.
3. After ignition switch is turned OFF, wait for more than 3 seconds.
4. Repeat steps 1 to 3 twice. (Perform 3 times in total.)
5. Turn Ignition switch ON.
6. The SRS lamp has been reset it.
4. The service manager told me, that most times when lights such as the SRS lamp flash, it's because of a low voltage signal...battery trouble. I'll see how it goes and hope for the best
Posted on Aug 22, 2008
It worked as well on my 2005 Nissan Murano. You guys are genius!!!
Posted on Nov 16, 2009
It worked on my 2004 Maxima! Thanks so much, saved me an expensive trip to the dealer the day before inspection was due. I was laughing all the way inside after it worked. Love the internet, thanks all
Posted on Jul 29, 2009
Solution 2 worked brilliant on my 04 350z .-- fixed thanks a lot 100% ROD.
Posted on Oct 27, 2008
Thank you thank you thank you
Posted on Oct 02, 2008
SOURCE: AIRBAG LIGHT
Common fault on FORD
Usually due to a poor connection in the YELLOW PLASTIC CONNECTOR underneath the passenger seat.
Just push it together properly and it should clear the AirBag fault
Posted on Sep 06, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 08, 2015 | Saturn Cars & Trucks
Sep 26, 2010 | 2005 Nissan Armada
Feb 22, 2010 | 2005 Nissan Armada
Dec 26, 2009 | 1999 Nissan Maxima
Nov 13, 2009 | 1995 Ford Escort
Aug 19, 2009 | 1994 Ford Aerostar Extended
Mar 09, 2009 | 2003 Toyota Avalon
Feb 20, 2009 | 2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class
Feb 10, 2009 | 2005 Honda Accord
Aug 10, 2015 | 2004 Nissan 350Z
13,307 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!