Question about 1997 Chevrolet Lumina
Search the net for "Delco unlock codes" OR "Delco security codes" you should easily find a set of instructions telling you to get a code from your radio and then call an 800 number. Follow these instructions. This will give you the factory unlock code for your stereo. Worked for me and for heaven sakes don't pay anybody for this information - it's free.
Posted on Aug 16, 2008
01. Turn the ignition ON (The radio displays LOC)
02. Hold down the Radio Presets 2 and 3 buttons for six seconds
03. The radio display changes from LOC to a three-digit number. Write this number down. Don’t take forever, fifteen seconds max before the next step.
04. Press the AM/FM button
05. The radio display changes to another three-digit number. Write this number to the right of the first one.
06. You now have a six-digit number, the first three digits are from STEP 03 and the last three digits are form STEP 05
07. Call 1 800 537 5140
08. Press 1 then # (pound). You’ll hear “Invalid Code, try again”
09. Press 139010 then # (pound). You will be asked to enter your four or six digit code followed by * (start)
10. Enter the number from STEP 6 then * (star)
11. Listen to the four-digit number and write it down. It will be repeated twice
12. Turn the ignition ON (The radio displays LOC)
13. Use the MN and HR buttons to enter the code from STEP 11
14. Press the AM/FM button. The radio display changes to SEC
Your radio is now “un-locked” and usable. The Theft-Deterrent feature is STILL active! If you want to disable it, use the instruction on pages for radio in Owner’s manual. Use the code from STEP 11 instead of your personal code.
Posted on Aug 26, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 03, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Dec 16, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Jun 06, 2010 | 1998 Chevrolet Lumina
Apr 24, 2010 | 1999 Chevrolet Lumina
Apr 04, 2010 | 1999 Chevrolet Lumina
Feb 27, 2010 | 1998 Chevrolet Lumina
Oct 03, 2009 | 2000 Toyota Camry
Sep 26, 2009 | 2000 Chevrolet Lumina
Jun 07, 2009 | 1997 Chevrolet Lumina
May 17, 2008 | 2000 Renault 181
982 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: