Question about 2001 Honda Odyssey
I don't have your exact vehicle specifications, but I'll just throw out some general info.
Generally, the door panels are held on by several bolts/screws and plastic clips (that are not visible from the the outside).
I would start by popping open any small cap or cover around your arm rest and you should be able to find those screws/bolts. Sometimes the armrest will come completely off, sometimes they don't and are molded into the panel.
Next, I would remove the inner door handle. Usually held in place by a bolt or screw and then, generally, pulling or tugging on it enough to see how it is connected to your door system. Many times its a long wire with a hook on the end into which a small plastic retainer clip on the handle is connected into the hook. Don't bend or pull too hard!
Once you've verified that all the bolts/screws are removed, begin on one end of the door and begin tugging on the panel to separate it from the door itself. You can also use a flat head screwdriver to get you started. There will be plastic clips of some sort that will give resistance, so don't be afraid to give it a good tug. Usually, if you damage any, you can get replacements from the dealer, auto parts store and sometimes even hardware stores, but try and be careful.
After that the door panel should be free.
Posted on Mar 28, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
1. Remove the watershield. (Refer to 23 - BODY/DOOR - FRONT/WATERSHIELD - REMOVAL)
2. Remove door glass retaining clips and secure the window in the up position using masking tape or equivalent(FRONT DOOR GLASS CLIPS).
3. Disconnect wire connector from power window motor, if equipped.
4. Loosen screws attaching front and rear window guide rails to inner door panel (FRONT DOOR MANUAL WINDOW REGULATOR - TYPICAL).
5. Remove screw heads on guide rails from key hole slots in inner door panel.
6. Loosen screws attaching regulator to inner door panel.
7. Remove regulator from inner door panel.
8. Extract rear guide rail through inner door panel rear access hole (FRONT DOOR POWER WINDOW - TYPICAL).
9. Extract front guide rail through front access hole.
1. Insert front guide rail through front access hole.
2. Insert rear guide rail through rear access hole.
3. Place window regulator in position on inner door panel.
4. Place screw heads on guide rails in position through key hole slots in inner door panel.
5. Tighten screws to attach front and rear guide rails to inner door panel.
6. Connect wire connector into power window motor, if equipped.
7. Install door glass.
8. Verify door glass alignment and operation.
9. Install sound shield and door trim panel
DIAGRAMS CAN BE FOUND ON JUSTANSWER,COM
Sep 02, 2012 | 1997 Dodge Grand Caravan
How to Access car door panel?
Vehicle door panel components?
This will help.
Jun 08, 2012 | 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan
Oct 10, 2011 | 2000 Oldsmobile Alero
Jul 17, 2010 | 1996 Toyota Corolla
Jun 25, 2010 | 2000 Volkswagen Beetle
Apr 04, 2010 | 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe
Jan 29, 2010 | 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan
221 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: