Question about 2002 Dodge Stratus
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
The filter is inside the transmission. You need to take the pan off the bottom then you can replace the filter and the pan gasket.
Posted on Mar 04, 2009
Did this on my 2002 Stratus 2.4L. I agree with other poster, you do have to remove the passenger tire and wheel wall to do it, but the tensioner travels clockwise.
Note: I offer this solely as a description of how I accomplished the task on my vehicle. It should not be taken as me advising anyone else in any way on how or whether they manage to repair their own vehicles.
1) Engaged parking brake, loosened lugs on passenger front tire.
2) Jacked-up and placed jack-stand.
3) Removed piece of black under-carriage which surrounds the oil filter and attaches to front bumper. There are at least 10 plastic push-pins to remove and I managed to destroy half of them in the process.
4) Positoned belt over lower pulleys and tensioner (as best as possible) then used a bungee to hold the top end of belt up while I worked under the car.
5) Used a 3/8 ratchet and inserted into square hole attached to the tensioner, disengaged the tensioner (moves clockwise) then used a brace to keep the ratchet handle in that position.
6) From top, removed bungee and finished placing belt over alternator, checked the position of entire belt, reengaged the tensioner, and replaced wall and wheel.
Posted on Sep 01, 2009
The thermostat on this car is located on the passenger side lower Engine block. Follow the lower radiator hose and it will lead you right to it. The Wheel and splash guarding need to be removed as well as the Alternator to gain access to the housing bolts. It about a 3 hour job to replace thermostat.
Posted on Mar 12, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 08, 2016 | 2001 Dodge Stratus
Feb 28, 2015 | 2002 Chevrolet Impala
Mar 04, 2013 | 2002 Dodge Stratus
Jul 15, 2011 | 2002 Dodge Stratus
Feb 17, 2011 | Ford Explorer Cars & Trucks
Aug 07, 2010 | 2002 Dodge Stratus
Dec 23, 2009 | 2002 Dodge Stratus
Mar 28, 2009 | 2002 Dodge Stratus
39 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: