Question about 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix
As long as your key isn't broken off in the ignition I might be able to help. Look under your steering column by where your ignition key goes into and you should see a couple small empty holes. Take a small object like a screwdriver and put it up in the hole. That should allow the key to release. Getting the problem repaired for good is a different conversation, but this should get you out of the jam for now.
Posted on Mar 28, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
unlock the door then press the lock button on remote and hold down for 20/30 secs.manual does say hold button.....
Posted on Mar 02, 2010
you may have to replace the remotes and then have them reprogramed for the car because they do go bad but if there is an autozone near you they will test the remotes for free
Posted on Mar 01, 2009
Retrain the fobs following the procedure in your owner's manual:
Once entering this procedure, programming the first transmitter erases all previous transmitters. You must program all transmitters.
Program one vehicle at a time. One transmitter could be programmed into other vehicles that are also on
program mode in close proximity.
1. Sit in the driver's seat.
2. Remove the ignition key from the ignition lock cylinder.
3. Close all vehicle doors.
4. Press and hold unlock on the door lock switch.
5. While holding the door lock switch in the unlock position, insert and remove the ignition key twice. Do
not rotate the ignition lock cylinder.
6. Insert the ignition key a third time leaving the key in the ignition lock cylinder. The ignition must remain
in the LOCK position for the rest of the procedure.
7. Release the door lock switch. You will hear three chimes. This chime feedback indicates that transmitter
programming is active.
8. Press and hold the lock and unlock buttons at the same time on the keyless entry transmitter for 12
seconds. You will hear two chimes. This chime feedback indicates that the transmitter has been
9. Repeat step 8 for the rest of the transmitters (for a total of 4 transmitters).
10. Exit this procedure by removing the ignition key from the ignition lock cylinder.
Posted on Apr 06, 2010
Insert key into door barrel or ignition lock and turn key, whilst doing this press the unlock/lock button, the led on the dash should flash to indicate this has initialised the key to the car, then remove key and test operation of remote. If this fails then a new remote plus coding to the car by your dealership is needed
Posted on Apr 29, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 03, 2014 | 2006 Cadillac STS
Dec 12, 2011 | 2003 Jaguar X-Type
Jun 10, 2010 | 1999 Porsche 911 Carrera
Feb 12, 2010 | 1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue
Jan 25, 2010 | 2004 Honda Accord
Nov 06, 2009 | 2006 Volkswagen Passat
Apr 02, 2009 | 1998 Mercury Grand Marquis
Jan 01, 2009 | 1999 Lincoln Continental
162 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: