Question about 1997 Audi A6
You must have the security anti-theft code for your Audi radio from the car manufacturer, or from an Audi dealer!
You can find the radio code at: http://www.radio-code.co.uk/
The sequence of programming for 1997 Audi A6 radio is:
1. Push simultaneous "SCAN" and "RDS" keys until on the screen will appear "1000" displayed.
2. Release keys. No more push on "SCAN" and "RDS" keys because otherwise number "1000" will be considered as first safe code attempt.
For example: we have the security code "5079". Then:
3. By the no.# 1 key you will set up the first safe code digit. Push 5 times on the no.# 1 button. The "5" number will be setted.
4. By the no.# 2 key you will set up the second safe code digit. Push 10 times on the no.# 2 button. The "0" number will be setted.
5. By the no.# 3 key you will set up the third safe code digit. Push 7 times on the no.# 3 button. The "7" number will be setted.
6. By the no.# 4 key you will set up the four-th safe code digit. Push 9 times on the no.# 4 button. The "9" number will be setted.
7. Then push again simultaneous "SCAN" and "RDS" keys for confirm this safe code. On the screen will be displayed "SAFE" notice. Release keys! For few seconds a radio frequence will be displayed. The radio is now ready for use!
Posted on Mar 27, 2011
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 29, 2011 | 2002 Audi A6
Mar 05, 2010 | 1997 Audi A6
Feb 05, 2010 | 1999 Audi A6
Jan 01, 2009 | 1999 Audi A6
Nov 17, 2008 | 1997 Audi A6
1,000 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: