- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Usually when these Gauges go out it is because of a faulty BCM( Body Control Module) The BCM controls all dash instruments . If it is the BCM you will have to get a dealership to flash the new one. Before doing that though check all fuses under hood and inside. It should say gauges or BCM
If your cluster gauges work ok but your speedo does not work once and awhile, its time to replace your cluster panel, this is a common problem in the MK3's I had to change mine twice in the MK3 vdubs I own. Its fairly easy to replace, I just picked up a used one at a scrap yard. The cluster panel is all once peace you can not swap out gauages, you can try but you will do more damage then its worth. Good luck
I had the similar problem until recently in my 1997 Chrysler Intrepid (In Canada they're called Chrysler for some strange reason). There could be two things with your intrepid.
1) Body Control Module (BCM) - There are ground wires and other important electrical components leading to your BCM. Over time and with some unknown wear (according to Chysler) the wires fray and somehow short circuit your BCM. This is quite difficult to replace and expensive if you go to a dealer. I was quoted almost up to $5000+ for repairs and they would not guarantee it was a fix. Still I suggest to find one at a junkyard and try to replace it yourself.
2) Instrument Panel Cluster - My new junkyard BCM worked for about a month bringing everything to life, then the same problem happend again. The next step for me was to replace the entire front Instrrument cluster ( Odometer, fuel readings etc) Ever since replacing this front panel, no problems have existed since then. Its been about 3 months, and all the gauges are working fine.