Question about 1994 Mazda Protege
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: i need to figure out
GO HERE. It shows the procedure for changing out the complete alternator, but the belt procedure is in there also. You don't have to remove all the stuff mentioned in the instructions. Just loosen the alternator bolts, disconnect the electrical connector and remove and replace the belt. No big deal. Good luck.
Posted on Nov 21, 2008
To determine which type of clutch you have, servo hydraulic or cable.
Look down past the engine bell housing and determine the existance of a hydraulic clutch slave cylinder.(a piece of casting with a rod facing towards the rear of the vehicle pocket into a bracket protruding out of the gearbox bell housing. As well as a pipe and bleed nipple to be crude)
(which I believe you have).The hydraulic fluid for this unit is sourced from the brake master cylinder reservoir via a sneaky pipe partially obscured to the clutch master cylinder on the internal firewall.If you have no clutch slave cylinder near the bell housing there would be an obvious bounden cable running from the firewall down to the outer of which will be stopped at a bracket hanging off the engine.The inner will continue to a bracket protruding from the gearbox bell housing.
Posted on Mar 05, 2009
the nipple sticks out side the bell housing on the left side just above your hydralic line for your clutch,auto zones web has a complete diagraham and steps for bleeding
Posted on May 09, 2009
You must have blown a master fuse or fusible link.
Refer to the maintenance manual.
this happens sometimes during a jump start or a direct short in the elect system.
Posted on Jan 22, 2010
1.u need to jack the car up so u can take the passenger tire off. align the crank timing mark to top dead center with the front timing belt cover.
2. u need to loosen the crank bolt with am impact wrench, or secure the flywheel and lossen the crank bolt
.3. u need a 10mm short 1/4 inch socket/or wrench inch to loosen the (4) water pump nuts.
4. i now recommend u loosen the alternator, u do not need to remove it.
5. if u have air-conditioning..i suggest u leave it on. remove the belt
6. powersteering can be loosened as well,
7. once u remove the crank pulley..u can take the 10 mm blots out of the timing belt/water pump covers.u will also need to support the engine(under the oli pan is ok) and remove the upper passenger side motor mount.
8. u will now see the timing belt. u need to remove it by loosening the tension pulley (14 mmm bolt) .u should make sure the crank is tdc. but u just need to make sure that when u re-install the new timing belt(whichu better do when u do a water pump)...,make sure the exhaust and intake cam shaft pulleys are aligned.(exhaust pulley is front side of car, intake is rear.)(e-for exhaust,i -for intake....they're aligned at center of each other (center of engine)now i must take a pee,brb in a minute. remove timing belt now
9. remove (5) 12 mm bolts from water pump. clean surface.
10. re-install in complete reverse order.i do recommend u use a black rtv gasket sealer on ur water pump gasket.(screw manufacturers statements on this use).
tart with taking your two belts off, remove motor mount, remove power steering pump, crank pulley,next remove timing belt covers along with tensioners. Remove valve cover. timing belt tensioner, now you have access to the water pump. remember your timing marks before you remove. When installing timing belt hold camshaffts with vise grips to align. installation opposite of removal.
see this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_QfsWd379A
Posted on Jan 31, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 14, 2014 | 1994 Mazda Protege
May 26, 2014 | 1997 Mazda Protege
Dec 04, 2017 | Mazda Protege Cars & Trucks
Jul 05, 2011 | 1994 Mazda Protege
Apr 07, 2011 | 2002 Mazda Protege
Feb 07, 2011 | 1994 Mazda Protege
Jan 29, 2010 | 1995 Mazda Protege
Sep 21, 2009 | 1997 Mazda Protege
Nov 02, 2017 | 1993 Mazda Protege
68 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: