Question about 1999 BMW 328 Series
This is a problem with your security lock/unlock system. You need to reset this and then if you still have problems you need to have it diagnosed with a BMW diagnostic tool.
Only when this is done that you will be able to diagnose weather the trouble is with the security module or some other component within the lock/unlock system.
Let me know if you need more help.
Posted on Mar 28, 2011
You may have an intermittent short in the power door lock switch, or the wiring
near or leading to it. An intermittent short of this type would account for both the
symptoms (1) car locking itself, and (2) a short that intermittently drains the battery
--- From the 1999 BMW 328i maintenance manual --- Body - Interior - Locks & Lock Systems
Removal & Installation - power door locks
1. Remove the door panel and the water shield.
2. Disconnect the wiring from the actuator. Remove the screws and pull the actuator off the linkage.
3. When installing, move the actuator and linkage to the locked position.
4. Connect the linkage to the actuator and loosely install with the screws.
5. Compress the actuator drive to take out any play in the linkage and tighten the screws.
6. Test the locks and install the door panel.
1. Remove the door panel and water shield.
2. On the front doors, remove the guide rail nut and pull the guide rail down. Disconnect the wiring and the linkage from the actuator.
3. On the rear doors, remove the window and the access panel. Disconnect the wiring and the linkage from the actuator.
4. Remove the 3 bolts holding the latch and actuator to the door structure.
5. Install in reverse order using threadlocker on the bolts.
Posted on Mar 26, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 10, 2013 | 2007 BMW 328i Sedan
May 25, 2012 | 2000 BMW 328i
Jun 22, 2011 | 1999 BMW 323 Series
Apr 04, 2011 | 1999 BMW 328 Series
Jan 12, 2011 | 1999 BMW 328 Series
Jan 13, 2010 | 2000 BMW 3 Series
Jul 12, 2009 | 1999 BMW 328 Series
Apr 20, 2009 | 1999 BMW 323 Series
74 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: