Question about Chevrolet Camaro

1 Answer

I got a new th400 and don't know what goes in the approx. 2" hole on driver side near tailshaft

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.


    An expert who has achieved Level 3.


    An expert that hasĀ over 500 points.

  • Master
  • 500 Answers

If it has a bail. itts a domed cap..or this may be where the speedo drive enters.

Posted on Mar 26, 2011


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Subaru legacy wagon wiper fluid hose disconnected

Look up at your hood... there will be one hose running to the left side of the windshield, and one running to the right side. The right (Driver's) side goes down to a "T" connector, which is right near your master brake cylinder, but up on the hood itself... it connects back there. I couldn't figure it out either... luckily I have 2 Outbacks... a 1998 and a 2001... both connect the same way.

Jan 18, 2013 | 2001 Subaru Legacy

3 Answers

I was wondering if a 1986 400 transmossion would fit a 1987 chevy silverado r10?

is it a electronic transmission, or manual! this makes the difference! call a ****** shop to get more info on this. good-day!

Oct 04, 2011 | 1987 Chevrolet R10

1 Answer

I have a 2003 Mountaineer v-8 AWD with "check

Left side,Drivers side

Either in the converter inlet or just ahead if it

Bank (1) Pass Side
Bank (2) Drivers Side
Sensor (1) closest to engine
Sensor (2) monitor sensor in outlet of converter

An O2 Code does not mean it is bad or needs to be replaced.
Could be any number of other causes that set a MIL Lamp
on dash

Aug 18, 2011 | 2003 Mercury Mountaineer

1 Answer

Where is the VSS located on a 1991 toyota 4Runner, automatic transmission, 3.0 liter

on the trans tailshaft on the left side of transmission.the taailshaft is where the driveshaft goes into the transmission. NOTE:on a 4 wheel drive,the speed sensor is on the transfer case near the back where the drive shaft connects to the transmission.

Aug 07, 2011 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner

1 Answer

I have a 1986 chev 4x4 need trany for it it has overdrive with th700. What kind of trany can i put in my truck do i need overdrive or will a 1993 down fit on it or not thanxs

You don't need overdrive but you will miss it when it's gone. The majority of transmission swaps are from 3 speeds to an OD transmission. The 700R4 is also a physically bigger transmission. So a swap to a TH400 or 350 would require tailshaft mount & driveshaft mods. Also the shift linkage is mounted in a different spot. It can all be done, the question is, is it worth it? Hope this helps.

Jul 04, 2011 | Chevrolet 1500 Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

I need to know witch tranys interchange with my 1992 chevy silverado 4x4 700r. I'm thinking a 350 or 400. Would I have to change the flywheel, torc converter, crossmember and or get a shorter or longer...

the 700r4 is by far a better trany,also it has overdrive which the th400 and th350 does not.and the 700r4 has a lighter housing than the other 2.but if u really need to change it i would go with the th400 as it is stronger,and you can change the tailshafts if the splines from the yolk match up,that way you possibly wouldnt have to change the would have to change the torqconverter to mach the 400 or the 350.and the make crossmember kits to make the change.they also make kits to change out the whole trany with all the addaptors and hook ups.

May 05, 2011 | Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

What year/model transmissions will fit a 1989 GMC sierra, 2500, 350 engine, 2-wheel drive? Thanks

A.T., VIN model "C" (4x2), TH400, 6 cyl
A.T., VIN model "C" (4x2), TH400, 8 cyl, 8-305 (5.0L)
}A}}400}466495" type="radio" name="userInterchange" />A.T., VIN model "C" (4x2), TH400, 8 cyl, 8-350 (5.7L)
}A}}400}466496" type="radio" name="userInterchange" />A.T., VIN model "C" (4x2), TH400, 8 cyl, 8-379 (6.2L, diesel)
E>}B}}400}466497" type="radio" name="userInterchange" />A.T., VIN model "C" (4x2), TH700, diesel
A.T., VIN model "K" (4x4), TH400, 6 cyl
B@}}}400}466499" type="radio" name="userInterchange" />A.T., VIN model "K" (4x4), TH400, 8 cyl, diesel
A.T., VIN model "K" (4x4), TH400, 8 cyl, gasoline
A.T., VIN model "K" (4x4), TH700, diesel
FFC}B}}400}466502" type="radio" name="userInterchange" />M.T., 4 spd, 4x2, VIN model "C"
FFC}A}}400}466503" type="radio" name="userInterchange" />M.T., 4 spd, 4x2, VIN model "R"
ECB}B}}400}466504" type="radio" name="userInterchange" />M.T., 4 spd, 4x4, (VIN model "K")
M.T., 5 spd, 4x2
M.T., 5 spd, 4x4
A.T., VIN model "C" (4x2), TH700, gasoline
F=A}B}}400}466508" type="radio" name="userInterchange" />A.T., VIN model "K" (4x4), TH700, gasoline
}B}}400}466509" type="radio" name="userInterchange" />A.T., VIN model "R" (4x2)

Jan 14, 2011 | 1989 GMC Sierra

1 Answer

I need to replace the Bank 1 O2 Sensor on a 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 w/ a 5.9l 2 wheel drive. The rep at the auto parts store said it is on the drivers side near the manifold. "?" Another said it is...

Okay, bank 1 is the driverside, you need to know bank 1 but what sensor? theres bank 1 sensor 1 and then bank 1 sensor 2, sensor 1 is before the cat and sensor 2 is after the cat, then the last sensor on that truck would be bank2 sensor 1 this one is on the pass/side before the cat,heres a picture to help, the bank 1 sensor two goes in rear of converter, the other two are on the manifolds, the sensor you need is on the driverside manifold,hope this helps.johnjohn2_45.jpgjohnjohn2_46.jpg

Dec 29, 2010 | Dodge Ram 1500 Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

I Have a LT1 motor in my car. There are a"old" and

The old style fits into the timing cover that has the small hole for the actual distributor shaft. The old style also has no vacuum lines connected to it, or no provisions for vacuum lines to be connected to it.

The newer style has one vacuum line that runs from the elbow that connects the throttle body to the MAF, and another vacuum line that goes to the drivers side of the intake manifold. The timing cover has a hole about 2 inches in diameter for the newer Opti, the old version has a hole about 3/8" in diameter. If the distributor is installed look for the vacuum lines on the opti. The one that goes from the intake elbow attaches to the drivers side front in about the 2, O clock position. The one that attaches to the intake manifold attaches to the drivers side too, at about the 5, O clock position.

Dec 09, 2010 | 1995 Chevrolet Camaro

Not finding what you are looking for?
Cars & Trucks Logo

Related Topics:

16 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Chevrolet Experts


Level 3 Expert

81400 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22326 Answers

Ronny Bennett Sr.
Ronny Bennett Sr.

Level 3 Expert

6927 Answers

Are you a Chevrolet Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides