My air bag light is flashing. What does that
1. Get in your Pathfinder and CLOSE the door. Turn the key on one click to
accessory mode so that all of the other lights on the dash are on but
do not start the car. Now open your door and push the the button inside
your door jamb that turns your interior light on 7 times. Close your
door and then turn your key off.
Now start the Pathfinder...it
should be off. If not, repeat this series a couple of times and it will
go off. I have had theis happen twice and this is the correct way to
fix the problem.
2. Similar story, similar results here too with a 2007 Nissan Pathfinder.
Got a new stereo installed, and got a bonus with the blinking airbag
light on the instrument panel. Got nowhere with the 7x or 10x domelight
press-the-switch voodoo. Bounced into this forum and got the fix that
works for my SUV. For the 2007 Pathfinder owners out there: You'll
notice the ignition key "beep" is heard only 4 times, not 5.
It took a little patience, as this procedure took me 2 attempts. This
is a slight modification from the one mentioned above for the Frontier
and the Maxima, but this definitely worked for my 2007 Nissan
1. Key in, ignition turned to on (but don't start truck).
2. Pay attention to the 4 beeps and watch the dash lights. You're looking for the airbag light to go out just after the last beep.
3. As soon as the light goes out (but BEFORE it begins blinking on you) QUICKLY switch the key back to OFF. Don't remove the key yet.
4. After about 2 or 3 seconds, repeat steps 1 - 3. In total you will do this procedure about 3 times. I say "about" because this all took a couple of attempts, but it was at least 3 cycles.
5. After your last cycle, wait about 5 seconds and turn the key to ON
again, and just observe the dash for the airbag light. It should go out
and stay out. If not, try it again but maybe add an additional cycle.
Like I said, it took me a couple of attempts but it worked. All credit
must go to this website, with special thanks to the poster "LB" ( http://www.carsforums.com/nissan/7423-nissan-airbag-light-reset-fix.html#post65692 )
I hope help you with this. Good luck.
Sep 14, 2009 |
1997 Nissan Pathfinder