Question about 1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme

1 Answer

I have a 93 Olds Cutlass Supreme Convertible. I need to know where I'm supposed to put hydraulic fluid in so my convertible top will stretch far enough to lock down. I've read that it's in the trunk under the carpet. I've pulled the carpet back, and I see a motor, but I don't know what I'm looking for, where to pour the hydraulic fluid.

Posted by on

  • Patty Culpepper Mar 25, 2011

    Dang, I didn't think it would be that difficult. Do you know where I could get a photo or diagram?


1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert who has answered 1,000 questions.

  • Expert
  • 1,114 Answers

All of the components for the top, including a plug in the side of the motor to fill with fluid from are under the back seat area. Refill for fluid is dex trans fluid

Posted on Mar 25, 2011

  • Charles Huckeba
    Charles Huckeba Mar 25, 2011

    You will have to remove the rear seat as the pump is located behind the backrest. To remove the back seat, you need an extension for your socket wrench and remove the two nuts which are about centered where each person sits. Then lift up the seat to clear four guide/retaining clips.
    Having done that, next lift the cloth well that is glued to the top edge. Now you can see the pump/motor. it will have clear hydraullic lines on both sides and a electrical connection. There is a rubber plug on the side. Turn pump so this faces up. You will need about 2' of rubber hose or a funnel and a coffee can 1/2 full of trans fluid. Pull out the plug and insert hose from can to top up and down a couple times. This will fill and bleed the air out. You may need to do this 8-10 times. Don't let the motor get hot--it's not made to go more than a couple times without cooling off. Replace plug and inspect lines for leaks.

  • Charles Huckeba
    Charles Huckeba Mar 25, 2011

    I would recommend that you get a Chilton's, or Haynes manual for the car as it will have one in it.


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Replace low beam drivers side headlight on 1993 olds cutlass supreme convertible

Remove turn signal assembly (uses a torx 15 driver). This will expose the two 10mm bolts on the one side of the headlight assembly. Remove the plastic front grill (uses a torx 15 driver - there are about 6 screws). This will expose the other two 10mm bolts on the headlight assembly. Remove the four 10mm bolts to remove the headlight assembly and this will allow you access to the headlight you need to replace.

Feb 18, 2011 | 1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme

2 Answers

1996 audi cabriolet 2.8 V6 convertible top motor needs fluid how do i add the fluid to the convertible top motor?! and what type of fluid does it need?

Almost all power convertible tops are electric over hydraulic. The ecectric motor runs a hydraulic pump. The pump pushes fluid to the cylinders that work the top. Most are located behind the rear seat backrest. Either remove the rear backrest or access the motor/pump from the trunl. It will be shaped like a cylinder. At one is the electric motor, at the other end is the hydraulic reservoir. At the end of the reservoir is a rubber plug. With the top down, remove the plug and fill it with tran fluid till it over flows. replace the plug and cycle the top up and down as far as it will go. Repeat the process till it will take no more fluid. A turkey baster with a piece of vacuum line makes a good filler tool. With that said, you must find the leak. You may have a leaking pump, hydraulic line or cylinder. RNever replace one line. Do them all. Always replace cylinders in pairs.

Good luck, Karl at

Jan 20, 2011 | 1996 Audi Cabriolet

1 Answer

Need a transverse spring for 1194 cutlass supreme

that's what most people call it, go to the local salvage yard get one off a 92-93-94 olds, chev luminia

Mar 17, 2010 | 1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme

1 Answer

2001 saab 93 convertible top problem

If you lower the back seat you will see a plastic cover on the botom of the opening. Remove the cover (6 appolstry fasteners) to reveal a metal box. The box is not actually a box but a cover for the hydrolic pump. Remove the fscrews from the lid and lift. The resevouar is clear and easy to check against the two fill lines on the side.

Jul 06, 2009 | 2001 Saab 9-3

2 Answers

My 93 cutlass supreme HELP PLEASE

you can use 15" needlenose pliers to remove the gable going through the grille then the pliers can turn the lever releasing the hood put some fresh gasoline or, stabil in thegas tank and, if the car doesn't start spray either into the intake

May 01, 2009 | 1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme

Not finding what you are looking for?
1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Logo

Related Topics:

320 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Oldsmobile Experts


Level 3 Expert

75797 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22114 Answers

Jeff Turcotte
Jeff Turcotte

Level 3 Expert

8152 Answers

Are you an Oldsmobile Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides