Question about 1998 Ford Explorer
See if this helps
Release the side trim from the mounting bracket.
Posted on Mar 25, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Sorry, I do not have the owner's manual. But, here's the step by step directions for turning off the "Belt-Minder."
One time disable
Any time the safety belt is buckled and then unbuckled during an
ignition ON cycle, BeltMinder will be disabled for that ignition cycle only.
Deactivating/activating the BeltMinder feature
Read steps 1 - 9 thoroughly before proceeding with the
deactivation/activation programming procedure.
The BeltMinder feature can be deactivated/activated by performing the
Before following the procedure, make sure that:
* the parking brake is set
* the gearshift is in P (Park) (automatic transmission) or the neutral position (manual transmission).
* the ignition switch is in the OFF position
* all vehicle doors are closed
* the driver’s safety belt is unbuckled
* the parklamps/headlamps are in OFF position (If vehicle is equipped
with Autolamps, the Autolamps feature MUST be turned off.)
To reduce the risk of injury, do not deactivate/activate the Belt
Minder feature while driving the vehicle.
1. Turn the ignition switch to the RUN (or ON) position. (DO NOT
START THE ENGINE)
2. Wait until the safety belt warning light turns off. (Approximately 1–2
* Steps 3–5 must be completed within 60 seconds or the procedure will
have to be repeated.
3. Buckle then unbuckle the safety belt three times, ending with the
safety belt unbuckled. This can be done before or during BeltMinder
4. Turn on the parklamps/headlamps, turn off the parklamps/headlamps.
5. Buckle then unbuckle the safety belt three times, ending with the
safety belt unbuckled.
* After step 5 the safety belt warning light will be turned on for three
6. Within seven seconds of the safety belt warning light turning off,
buckle then unbuckle the safety belt
* This will disable BeltMinder if it is currently enabled, or enable
BeltMinder if it is currently disabled.
7. Confirmation of disabling BeltMinder is provided by flashing the safety
belt warning light four times per second for three seconds.
8. Confirmation of enabling BeltMinder is provided by flashing the safety
belt warning light four times per second for three seconds, followed by
three seconds with the safety belt warning light off, then followed by
flashing the safety belt warning light four times per second for three
9. After receiving confirmation, the deactivation/activation procedure is
Hope this helps and good luck!
Posted on Jan 13, 2009
SOURCE: 2004 Hyundai Accent. The seat
The relay is located under the divers side instrument panel. You will find it easy enough since it chimes all the time with the key on
Here is a website for a free owners manual too if needed
Posted on May 26, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 07, 2015 | 2002 Ford Explorer
Apr 05, 2014 | 2004 Ford Explorer XLT
Jun 06, 2017 | 2004 Ford Explorer
Jun 27, 2011 | 2004 Ford Explorer
Aug 29, 2010 | 2006 Ford Explorer
Apr 20, 2010 | 2004 Ford Explorer
Feb 13, 2010 | 2004 Ford Explorer
Jun 20, 2009 | 1992 Ford Explorer
Jun 10, 2009 | 2004 Ford Explorer
Apr 24, 2009 | 2000 Ford Explorer
340 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: