Can't get my 96 chev s-10 to pass inspection due to Not ready codes. I recently change the battery and have driven the veh about 200 miles. Autozone checked and said it was all good but the state...
Here is the drive cycle procedure for that vehicle, and let me know if you require any further assistance.
Running an OBD-II Drive Cycle
The purpose of the OBD-II drive cycle is to run all of the onboard diagnostics. The drive cycle should be perfomed when any trouble codes are erased from the PCM or if the battery was dis-connected. Performing the drive cycle will reset the monitors so that any further trouble codes can be detected.
The OBD-II system drive cycle begins with a cold start with the coolant temperature below 120 degrees F. and the coolant and the air temperature sensors within 10 degrees of each other. (The ignition key must not be "on" or in the "Run" position until the cold start or the heated O2 sensor diagnostic might not start)
1. As soon as the vehicle starts up, idle the engine in drive for two and a half minutes with the AC and the rear defrost on if equipped with a rear window defroster. The OBD-II will check the O2 sensor circuits, the air pump, and the EVAP purge.
2. After the two and a half minutes turn off the AC and the rear window defrost, and then accelerate to 55 mph at half throttle. OBD-II checks for any ignition mis-fires, fuel trim, and canister purge.
3. Hold steady at 55 mph for three minutes. OBD-II monitors the EGR system, the air pump, the O2 sensors and the canister purge.
4. After the three minutes decelerate down to 20 mph without using the brakes or the clutch. OBD-II checks the EGR and the purge functions.
5. Accelerate back up to 55 mph at half throttle. OBD-II checks for mis-fires, fuel trim, and purge functions again.
6. Hold steady at 55 mph for five minutes. OBD-II will monitor catalytic converter efficiency, for any mis-fires, EGR function, fuel trim, O2 sensor operation, and purge functions.
7. Decelerate to a stiop without using the brakes or the clutch. OBD-II makes a final check of the EGR system and the canister purge functions.
Sep 12, 2010 |
1996 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup