Question about Cadillac DeVille
1. Evacuate the whole system, having connected the HIGH pressure coupler to the corresponding nipple on the Pipework, until there is a Vacuum reading of at least 10. for a minmum period of 5 minutes. If a Vacuum cannot be achieved, and maintained, you have an additional fault in the Pipework lines, pipework joints, [ Seals ] and or Compressor pulley seal.
2. Using the correct size wrenches, disconnect both the Supply and Outlet main pipes. So as not to damage the pipework couplings, use 1 tool to secure the Evaporator, and the other to unlock the joint. When the joint "Breaks", there will be a slight "Shoosh" as the Vacuum is replaced by atmosphere.
3. Remove the Evaporator from the vehicle.
4. Unpack the new Evaporator, and install a New Emulsion Tube correctly, and install it complete, into the vehicle, mounting it initially loosely.
5. Clean the Thread ends of both Main Hoses, and install NEW seals on both, and connect the 2 pipes to the unit, and secure everything.
6. Evacuate the system again to remove any Atmosphere, for the same conditions, that applied in 1 above.
7. Ready the system from, Evacuate to Charge.[ Do not let any atmosphere back into the system ]
8. Having purchased the correct Freon, with Lubricating OIL added, load the correct amount of Freon into the system, opening only the HIGH pressure control.
9. Shut Off the charge valve, and start the engine.
10. Select Cold, on the heating coolant control, Maximum on the A/C control, and High speed on the blowers, and this should engage the A/C Compressor clutch drive, in the centre of the Compressor pulley drive.
If you have done everything correctly, and there are no other faults, the system should function as normal.
You will need additional tools to do your own A/C repair.
1. A Freon Suction Pump, which needs a Compressed Air supply.
2. A set of A/C gauges.
3. An adaptor to connect the Freon supply to the Gauge set, High pressure service line.
4. Altenately, do all your own change over, and then take the vehicle to an A/C repairer, to Evacuate and Recharge the System for you.
Posted on Mar 22, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 10, 2015 | 1995 Cadillac DeVille
May 21, 2012 | 1998 Cadillac DeVille
Nov 23, 2010 | 1998 Cadillac DeVille
Jan 29, 2010 | 1998 Cadillac DeVille
Nov 18, 2009 | 1998 Cadillac DeVille
Oct 09, 2009 | 1998 Cadillac DeVille
Feb 23, 2009 | 1998 Cadillac DeVille
Jan 21, 2009 | 1998 Cadillac DeVille
Jan 04, 2009 | 1998 Cadillac DeVille
158 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: