Question about 1996 Jeep Cherokee Country
Hi, "Won't start" is pretty vague. It could be hundreds of posibilities.
Dead battery, Low battery, bad ground wire to engine, bad power wire to starter, bad power wire to battery, bad connection at battery post or terminals, blown fuse, bad key switch, bad starter, bad fuel pump, bad injectors, out of gas, neutral safety switch, seized engine, broken connecting rod, no compression, no spark, bad oil pressure switch, broken timing chain, plugged fuel filter, bad starter solenoid, broken rotor, cracked distributor cap, Anti-theft device, water in/on engine, vacuum leak, bad ignition coil, blown computer, faulty cam or crank sensor ...
When you turn the key to START it what happens?
1) Nothing happens? (dead battery?, loose battery cables, or it's not in "park" all the way.)
2) You hear a "click", but nothing else? (loose battery cables, bad starter, bad starter solenoid, or broken engine)
3) You hear the starter turning, but the engine doesn't turn? (low battery voltage, bad starter or bad ring gear on flywheel/flex plate)
4) The starter turns the engine, but the engine won't start up? (out of gas, bad fuel pump, plugged fuel filter, broken timing belt, no spark)
5) The engine turns over, but very slowly. (weak battery, worn starter, out of engine oil)
6) the engine turns, but there's an awful banging noise? (something is broken inside the engine)
Use this guide to troubleshoot and fix the car.....
Posted on Mar 21, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 03, 2011 | 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Jul 20, 2010 | 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Jan 20, 2010 | 1996 Jeep Cherokee Country
Dec 30, 2009 | 1994 Jeep Cherokee Country
Jul 30, 2009 | 1995 Jeep Cherokee
Jul 08, 2009 | 1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport
Jun 24, 2009 | 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Jun 22, 2009 | 1996 Jeep Cherokee Country
34 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: