a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Feb 2, 2012 - Uploaded by 1A Auto Parts
How To Install Replace Inside Door Handle Chevy Equinox 05-09 1AAuto.com .... found your tutorial on fixing my driver's side door handle for my 2006 Equinox. .... Door Handles Chevy Equinox 2010 2011 2012 GMC Terrain ...
Apr 2, 2015 - Uploaded by 1A Auto Parts
http://www.1aauto.com/interior-door-handle-driver-side-front/i/1adhi00417 1A Auto shows you how to repair, install, fix,change or replace a broken or snappe... ... 10, 11, 12, 13 Chevy Silverado, Tahoe, Suburban and GMC Sierra, Yukon Denali ...2007-2011 Tahoe Yukon Suburban Escalade Vent Section ...Missing: terrain
for passenger side:
1. unclip screw cover 'center flap' of inside door opener plastic cover, flap is 3/8"x 3/8" (center of plastic cover)
2. remove phillips screw now showing
3. push fabric panel (edge of door opener plastic cover-at hinged end of chrome handle) to allow uncliping of edge of plastic cover (top rt & lwr rt (for passenger side) of plastic cover)
4. open chrome inside door handle to allow plastic cover to be removed-slide plastic cover toward rear, free end of door to remove cover
5. remove switch panel-gently pry with wide non maring pry bar (cover wide blade screwdriver using cloth) do rear of sw panel 1st (don't pry front edge)
6. slide switch panel toward rear to allow removal
7. remove large phillips screw under sw panel
8. remove the 2 plastic covers near top, hinge edge -use plastic spoon handles to encourage caps to pop off. May also require small screwdriver approx 1/8" in to complete pop off
9. remove the 2 phillips screws w/ captive washers
10. remove 3 phillips/hex screws along the bottom inside of door panel
11. on outside/rear edge of panel push the 2 center pins of each in about 1/8"-this allows the clip to be pulled out w/ pin pushed in
12. remove plastic cover (REAR OF SIDE MIRROR)-pull window edge up and back.
13. lift rear of door panel (not hinge edge) up allow hinge edge to pivot around lower pin in door (hinge edge)
14. remove the 2 rt edge "L" brackets (gently pry center plastic pin out) (note the color and replace as removed)
15. slowly peel the clear plastc away from the non hinged end to expose the plastic panel with 3 phillips head screws
16. remove the 3 screws and panel for access to door handle.
17. using access area now available unlatch the rod attached to exterior door handle (unclip plastic to rotate clip up to allow rod to slide out-toward hinged edge)
18. using access area now available remove rod from ext door handle from inside door area
19. remove the 3 -10mm head bolts
20. remove the ext door handle (bottom edge out first)
reverse order to replace door handle
You will need to remove the door handle, but you may have to pull the door trim plate first. Pull the handle assembly outward and inspect it to make sure the inner door connector rods are attached. These are held in place with plastic pieces, and plastic parts on the door handle. Replace the handle if the rod loop is broken. Replace the door rod ends with new hardware. This can all be done in your driveway, and requires very little mechanical knowledge or skills.
remove the inside panel of the door. the arms that attach to the handle will need to be removed , ( they are little plastic clips that usually are very brittle,, so use care in removing them. ) replace the handle with the new one,, Its really pretty easy once you get the inside panel off and an actually see what your doing, good luck
1. You need to remove the door panel on the inside of the door first.
2. Make sure the window is all the way up.
3. Remove approximately 2 or 3 screws and the rod that is attached to the handle from within the inside of the door.
4. Replace with new handle attach screws and attach rod.
5. Put door panel back on and your done.
You didn't say if the key allows you to lock/unlock the passanger side door. If not, then your key is going bad. Otherwise, you need to replace the door lock tumbler. This is not to difficult, but takes about 2 - 3 hours to remove the inside panel and doorhandle assembly. Take pictures as you go to remember how to reinstall everything. You have a couple of options: 1. you can swap out the tumbler from the passanger side if it works, 2. you can replace the tumbler with a new one, or 3. you can replace the entire handle with a used one that has a key. With the amout of work into getting to the tumbler, my vote is for a new tumbler and key.
FIRST YOU NEED TO REMOVE THE INSIDE PANEL. AFTER DOING THAT, WITH THE WINDOW ROLLED UP REMOVE 2 PLUGS ON THE METAL TO ACCESS THE TWO NUTS THAT HOLD ON THE OUTSIDE HANDLE. WHEN REMOVED, YOU CAN UNHOOK THE RODS THAT ACTUATE THE DOOR RELEASE. THE INSTALLATION IS THE REVERSE. I HOPE THIS HELPS. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO KEEP ME POSTED. THANKS FOR USING FIX-YA. ANY OTHER QUESTIONS, JUST ASK. GOOD LUCK
Order the exterior door handle AND the clip that attaches the rod to the exterior handle from your local dealership ( any part in the salvage yard will have at least as much wear as the one U are replacing ) Also order a can of touch up paint matching your car. After you have the parts and have painted the new exterior handle, roll down the window and remove the interior door panel. ( instructions have been posted at 'replace door lock buttom' ) Two nuts, one on each side, hold the broken handle in place and must be removed ( DON'T loose them ). Loosen the rod from the clip at the top to allow a bit more room, But take note on the way it is attached ( you will need to reattach the rod to new handle ) To install new mechanism put the new clip on the rod, carefully place the gasket and the new handle in place and install nuts to secure. Test the door handle and make sure it works. Reinstall interior door panel.
easy fix , just remove inside door cover, and install new handle, but handle broke because of bad hendge bushings making door hard to open, driver side ususlly first to brake then passenger door a year later. need body shop to replace door bushings