Question about Ford Focus
From looking at your part it looks like you will need a press to remove and install the new bearing most shops will do this for you at a reasonable price, you just have to remove the entire assembly for it to be pressed
Posted on Mar 19, 2011
Testimonial: "My son is doing the work and can not figure out how to get the hub assembly off. Needs step by step instruct to get assem. off"
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
3. Remove retaining ring. If the bearing inner race remains on wheel hub, grind a section of inner race until approximately 0.020 in (0.5 mm) remains. Remove race with a chisel.
4. Remove wheel bearing with suitable tool.
• Do not remove dust cover unless necessary. • Do not reuse dust cover if removed. 5. Mark relative positions of dust cover and knuckle for proper reassembly. 6. Remove dust cover with a chisel.
• Do not remove wheel hub bolt unless necessary. • Do not reuse wheel hub bolt if removed. 7. Remove wheel hub bolt with a press.
Assembly 1. Press in new wheel studs. Front wheel hub press in either bolt turning or loosening by the torque of 108.5 lb•ft (147 N•m, 15 kg•m) shall not be premissible.
2. Mark new dust cover to match the removed dust cover. 3. Align mark on new dust cover with knuckle. 4. Install new dust cover with suitable tool.
5. Install new wheel bearing with suitable tool. 6. Install front wheel hub assembly with suitable tool.
• Use a new oil seal, and apply grease to seal. • Install oil seal so that it is flush with knuckle. 7. Install new oil seal with SST(0K993 331 016).
Jan 12, 2013 | 2003 Kia Sedona
Apr 22, 2012 | 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Removal & Installation
May 16, 2011 | 2003 Chevrolet Impala
Jan 01, 2011 | 2002 Mazda Protege
Sep 21, 2010 | 1995 Buick LeSabre
Jul 28, 2010 | 1991 Nissan Pickup
Jul 03, 2010 | 1996 Cadillac DeVille
May 23, 2010 | 1997 Dodge Caravan
Jun 23, 2009 | 1985 Nissan Stanza
May 13, 2009 | 2004 Kia Rio
211 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!