Question about GMC Jimmy
What normally fixes this is the light means service and when the service is getting done the injection system will be serviced and reset (malfunction means blockage, not tuned right any thing when the service is done it will be fixed and reset
Posted on Aug 01, 2008
Water may have collected in the AIR pump or the vent solenoid and frozen or corroded the pump.
Replace the AIR pump and install a new inlet hose and solenoid tube assembly using the following procedure:
1. Prep vehicle.
2. Raise vehicle on hoist.
3. Remove shield covering AIR pump.
4. Remove hose and vacuum lines from pump and solenoid.
5. Remove AIR pump inlet hose. Do not re-use.
6. Disconnect electrical connectors from pump and solenoid.
7. Remove pump mounting bolts and pump.
8. Transfer isolators from the old pump to the new pump.
9. Install new AIR pump and bolts to vehicle. Tighten the bolts to 17 N.m (12.5 lb ft)
10. Route new hose assembly up between engine and fender. It should come up near the area between the battery and the coolant bottle.
11. Connect new inlet hose to pump inlet.
12. Connect old outlet hose to pump outlet.
13. Connect electrical connector to pump.
14. Connect electrical connector for solenoid to connector on the new hose assembly.
15. Connect the hose with the white nipple to the vacuum source hose.
16. Connect the remaining hose to the shut off valve.
17. Install shield covering AIR pump.
18. Lower vehicle.
19. Remove coolant reservoir nut nearest the battery.
20. Route new hose assembly between the battery and the coolant reservoir with the solenoid on top.
21. Install the solenoid bracket onto the coolant reservoir stud and reinstall the nut back into the vehicle.
22. Use a wire tie to keep the new hose assembly away from the engine. On four cylinder engines, tie to the AIR outlet hose. On six cylinder engines, tie to an available hole in the radiator fan shroud.
Hope that helps......... //
Posted on Aug 01, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 30, 2015 | 2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue
Mar 27, 2014 | 2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer
Feb 21, 2011 | Oldsmobile Bravada Cars & Trucks
Aug 27, 2010 | 2000 Oldsmobile Bravada
May 30, 2010 | 2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue
Oct 13, 2009 | 2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer
Jul 24, 2009 | 2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer
Jul 08, 2009 | 2003 Chevrolet S-10
Mar 27, 2017 | 2004 GMC Yukon
277 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: