2002 Ford Superduty AC compressor in on in Vent Position
My truck AC compressor runs when I turn the switch to the 1 o'clock and 2 o'clock position. This is supposed to be fresh outside air only according to my owners manual but I still get air conditioned air. Is the switch defective? And if so, where besides Ford can I get one.
Re: 2002 Ford Superduty AC compressor in on in Vent...
Turns out that the idea that emissionwiz posted was correct. You have to turn the engine off and then set the switch to vent. Seems dumb but I'm not the engineer that designed it. I'm sure there is a reason but at least I know that this is normal now.
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.
Re: 2002 Ford Superduty AC compressor in on in Vent...
You have a blend air system. in this system you have servo motors that open and close doors that blend outside air and heated coolant that flows throught the heater coil. if one or more of these servo motors fail trying to regulated cab temp is futile. i would suggest that you go to a qualified a/c tech and your problem will be solved at minimal cost and with less fustration
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Dustin, Sound like vacuum loss to position switch. Defrost is the default position when vacuum is lost in vent control system. Check any and all vacuum lines and connections under hood first, especially any that run through firewall. Check the attached links,instruction and guides, Good luck
"I hope this helped you out, if so let me know by pressing the helpful button. Check out some of my other posts if you need more tips and info." 2001 F150 V6 4 2 AC Heat Stuck In Defrost Easy Repair
The low pressure switch cuts power to the compressor if the pressure drops below 20psi such as when the system is low on freon. If the compressor runs with the HVAC system in the off position, you would check for a stuck relay, or a short where the compressor clutch is getting power from another source.
The AC compressor clutch will be cut off by the computer once you exceed 60% of full throttle, this is to provide motor power, it is normal operation of the system. I suggest you drop to a lower gear so the AC will stay powered up.
Telephone: Fax: VAT Registration No.: Infrared remote control NOTE: Infrared emitter can be seen at front edge of key. System operation Switch ignition ON. Ensure clock LED illuminates for 3-5 seconds. Pressing key lock button once activates central locking and alarm. Pressing key lock button twice within 3 seconds activates double locking system. Programming When Key batteries completely discharged. Key batteries not replaced within 15 seconds. Key added or replaced. System malfunction. How Obtain all keys fitted with remote control. Turn ignition switch to position I. Wait approximately 10 seconds. Ensure clock LED illuminates. NOTE: LED illuminates for approximately 5 seconds. Switch ignition OFF and remove key, while LED illuminated. Programming mode activated for approximately 20 seconds (LED illuminated). Proceed as follows: Point key at receiver (located near interior lamp). Press and hold unlock button Fig. 1 . After approximately 1 second key LED will flash once . Press lock button 3 times Fig. 1 . Release unlock button Fig. 1 . Continue to point key at receiver until LEDs in clock and key have flashed 5 times. Ensure LED remains illuminated. Repeat above procedure within 20 seconds to program remaining keys. To exit programming mode and extinguish clock LED: Switch ignition ON and OFF. Wait approximately 20 seconds. NOTE: A maximum of 4 keys can be programmed. Fig. 1 Radio frequency remote control System operation Switch ignition ON. Ensure clock LED illuminates for 3-5 seconds.
Pressing tailgate release button twice within 3 seconds unlocks the tailgate - if fitted. Pressing key lock button once activates central locking and alarm. Pressing key lock button twice within 3 seconds activates double locking system. Interior lamp illuminates when disarming system. Programming When Key added or replaced. System malfunction. How Obtain all keys fitted with remote control. Fasten seat belts and close all doors. From position I, turn ignition switch as follows: To position II. To position I. To position II. To position I. To position II. To position I. Programming mode activated for approximately 20 seconds. LED or fog lamps ON warning lamp illuminates (some models) or the system will emit an acoustic signal to indicate start of programming mode. Proceed as follows: Type 1: Press and hold unlock button Fig. 1 . Type 2: Press unlock button Fig. 2 . Ensure clock LED or fog lamps ON warning lamp flashes (some models) or wait for acoustic signal (indicates correct programming). Wait 2 seconds. Repeat above procedure within 20 seconds to program remaining keys. To exit programming mode: Switch ignition ON. Wait 20 seconds. NOTE: A maximum of 4 keys can be programmed.
1)sensor in your setting switch is bad
2)low C fluid in your system will cause the compressor to constantly cycle on & off
3)related to #2 and if it's been doing it for awhile you will need to replace the compressor....(used one at local junkyard sells for about 50 bucks)
4)clock light would simply be a worn or weak display. Only solution would be to replace it or better still, ignore it.
2002 Ford F-250 Windshield Wiper Motor
Removal & Installation
1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position. Turn the ignition switch ON until the wiper blades are straight up, then turn the ignition switch OFF.
2. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
3. Remove the right-hand and left-hand windshield wiper arm and blade assemblies.
4. Remove the cowl top vent panels.
5. Detach the electrical hardness connector at the windshield wiper motor assembly.
6. Remove 3 wiper motor (module assembly) retaining bolts and remove the module assembly from the vehicle.
7. Remove the wiper linkage retaining bolt and remove the linkage from the wiper motor.
8. Remove 3 retaining nuts and remove the windshield wiper motor
9. Place the windshield wiper motor in position and install 3 retaining nuts. Tighten to 10-12 ft. lbs. (12-17 Nm).
10. Connect the wiper linkage to the windshield wiper motor and install the retaining bolt. Tighten the bolts to 14 ft. lbs. (20 Nm).
11. Place the wiper motor (module assembly) in position and install 3 retaining bolts. Tighten the bolts to 6 ft. lbs. (9Nm).
12. Install the electrical hardness connector to the windshield wiper motor.
13. Connect the negative battery cable.
14. Allow the windshield wiper motor to cycle several times while checking for proper wiper motor operation.
15. Turn the windshield wiper motor to the OFF position to park the wiper motor in the park position.
16. Install the cowl top vent panels.
17. Install the wiper arm and blade assemblies. Install the retaining nuts and tighten to 22-29 ft. lbs. (30-40 Nm).
18. Connect the negative battery cable.
19. Check the windshield wiper motor for proper operation and the wiper arms for adjustment.
4.6 V8. Its on the passenger side, front of the engine. You'll need to remove the AC Compressor to get to it, it's a black sensor, with one bolt holding it in place, with 2 wires comming off of it. Its right behind the AC Compressor