Question about Mazda MAZDA3
This indicates a fuel vapor leak or lack of purge flow in the EVAP control system. It means a large leak has been detected. The (EVAP) emission control system prevents the escape of fuel vapors from a vehicle's fuel system. Fuel vapors are routed by hoses to a charcoal canister for storage. Later, when the engine is running a purge control valve opens allowing intake vacuum to siphon the fuel vapors into the engine.
Symptoms: You likely won't notice any drivability problems.
Causes: A code p0455 most likely means one or more of the following has happened:
* A loose or improperly affixed gas cap
* A non-conforming gas cap (i.e. not factory/original brand)
* Other leak or damaged piece in EVAP system
Possible Solutions: With a p0455, the most common repair is to:
* Remove and reinstall the gas cap, clear the codes, and drive for a day and see if the codes come back.
* Otherwise, replace the gas cap, and/or
* Inspect the EVAP system for cuts/holes in tubes/hoses (you may hear a vacuum noise or smell fuel), repair if necessary
Hope this helps (remember to rate thsi answer).
Posted on Mar 15, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 05, 2016 | 2003 Mazda Tribute
Jan 29, 2015 | Mazda Cars & Trucks
Apr 04, 2011 | 2006 Mazda MPV
Jan 14, 2011 | 2004 Mazda 3
Feb 18, 2010 | 2001 Mazda MPV
Dec 06, 2009 | 2001 Mazda Millenia
Sep 26, 2009 | 1995 Mazda 626
Jul 26, 2009 | 1995 Mazda 626
Nov 22, 2017 | Mazda Cars & Trucks
1,591 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: