Question about 1997 Ford Crown Victoria

1 Answer

Ball joints The left front lower ball joint has gone out on our 1997 ford crown victoria. How do you get it out?

Posted by on

  • scttcs1969 Aug 12, 2008

    rght front lower ball joint



1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert who has answered 20 questions.


    An expert that hasĀ over 10 points.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 2 times.

  • Contributor
  • 37 Answers

On fords they are usually rivited in if done by dealer. if it is after market its bolted. then you must use a ball joint press to press the old out and the new in.

Posted on Sep 25, 2008


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Ball joint broke car hit ground wont crank

When you look underneath, is the oil pan damaged ????......this could prevent the pistons from moving, or the crankshaft puley may have been damaged ?????

Mar 30, 2011 | 1997 Ford Crown Victoria

1 Answer

Broken lower ball joint need tips on removel of the broken one and installation of new one.

It is difficult and probably not advisable to remove the broken ball joint since I think it is riveted in place, you can drill them out as the replacements come with threaded studs, and use a ball joint fork to drive it out. Most people find it is better to replace the lower control arm, it comes with a ball joint attached. You will then need an alignment.

Mar 24, 2011 | 1985 Ford Crown Victoria

2 Answers

Hello and thank you for your support, when turning the steering wheel either way left/right there is a squeaking noise, thinking of maybe greasing the car, also where do i add the grease to?

Flush the power steering fluid, and add some lubgard power steering additive, from auto parts store

LUBGARD brand only, or the one from a ford or lincoln parts counter.
( regular lubgard p/s--not for Honda Only )

You can grease if you have fittings,but that is not your squeaking noise.

Oct 08, 2010 | 2006 Ford Crown Victoria

1 Answer

I have 99 p71 that makes squeaky sound when i dive

ball joints...if it is coming from the front end or could be universal joints

Oct 26, 2009 | 1999 Ford Crown Victoria

3 Answers

Loud squeek when hitting a bump and especiaLLY WHEN TURNING the steering wheel. when breaking car pulls to the left.

You may have bad lower ball joints.This a very common problem with theses cars .There is no way to grease them so the start to bind up after a while .If the squeak is there while turning the wheel and sitting still while doing this then suspect lower ball joints .

Oct 15, 2009 | 1997 Ford Thunderbird LX

1 Answer

How to replace uppe ball joint in Ford Crown

First make an appointment for a front end alignment which will be required after replacing the ball joint. Securely support the vehicle under the lower control arm at the outer end, the end nearest the tire. The upper ball joint is attached to the upper control arm with 2 large nuts. Under the nuts are cams with hex heads for adjusting caster and camber. Mark the position of these cams in a way that will allow you to reinstall them somewhere near the same position. Next remove the outer end of the joint from the steering knuckle an then remove the 2 nuts and both cams from the control arm end. Reinstall and get that alignment asap !

Oct 05, 2009 | 2000 Ford Crown Victoria

2 Answers

Removal of lower ball joint

yes it is safer to use a bal joint press . and it goes downward.

Apr 17, 2009 | 1997 Ford Crown Victoria

1 Answer

Replacing lower ball joints should run between $30-$60 each...Complete arm is about 3X that much. You can find install instructions in just about any repair manual, sometimes even with parts. (depending on mfg) Any problems installing someone here will surely help!
good luck

Mar 25, 2009 | 1998 Ford Crown Victoria

Not finding what you are looking for?
1997 Ford Crown Victoria Logo

Related Topics:

210 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Ford Experts


Level 3 Expert

77932 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22306 Answers


Level 3 Expert

5648 Answers

Are you a Ford Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides