Question about Nissan Minivan

1 Answer

Need to replace old one it has a hole in it and it rusting

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert who has answered 20 questions.


    An expert that hasĀ over 10 points.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 2 times.

  • Expert
  • 40 Answers

Need to replace what??

Posted on Mar 14, 2011


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

How do I fix or replace a fuel line?

Hi Merre:
Sure, blame the kid.
Easiest fix would be to cut out the section where the hole is and install a piece of flexible tubing. CAUTION! Gas is extremely flammable. Use appropriate tools (NOT a Zip Cutter).
Best fix would be to replace fuel line.
I'd suggest that youcheck with a parts supply to see if appropriate gas lines are available. You may need to use a flaring tool if you have to "custom build" the line.
It's OK kid, the cars is 15 years old and the line was probably rusted.

Nov 04, 2015 | 2000 Volvo S70

1 Answer

Have frost plug with pin hole leak, whats the best way to remove plug on a 4.6 northstar, 1994 eldorado with out hurting the head, i had removed alternator to get access to the plug, please help!!!

Note how far the plug is recessed in its hole. You will want to tap in the new plug to the same depth.
Use a hammer and small punch. Put the punch at the edge, not on the lip of plug, but out near the edge. Tap on it until it starts moving inward, the opposite side will be pushed out. Grab onto it with a pair of pliers and wiggle it out of the hole.
Clean the recess of rust and dirt, place the new plug in and tap it in evenly to the depth of the old plug. It may help to use a socket that fits inside the plug as a driver to drive it in evenly.

Keep an eye on the other freeze plugs. When one rusts through, others may follow. You should drain all the old coolant out, flush the engine and radiator, and put in new coolant, new thermostat too is a good idea. If rust is bad, consider a professional flush-they can do a much better job than a garden hose. Your radiator may need attention, too.
Good luck.

Oct 03, 2013 | Cadillac Eldorado Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Cherokee liftgate rout out repairs

If you are a panel beater or good welder it will be an easy fix. Cut out the rust and replace it with a piece of panel metal ( from an old door -any old car door)

Apr 08, 2013 | 1998 Jeep Cherokee

1 Answer

1987 300zx rust problem

OLD CAR. Depends how bad the rust is, do you need new panels or can you fill the holes themselves with filler ? Main thing is would it pass a MOT Test. Japanese Cars in the 70s & 80s were made from recycled steel, they were all prone to rust.

Jul 23, 2012 | 1984 Nissan 300ZX

2 Answers

New oem crankshaft sensor will not fit back into hole, i tried the old it will not go in either. i double checked with the dealership, more than one and i have the right one. chrysler lhs 1999 3.5L

IF it has an o-ring seal drop a little oil on it, use a twisting motion when seating it, you may have a reflector/flywheel that is out of spec.OEM part number should be 4609009. Installation pretty straight foward.

May 17, 2011 | 1999 Chrysler LHS

1 Answer

Hi I have a 1981 280se w126 and it has severe rust in the lip of the boot/trunk (big holes) this expensive to fix/replace? Also the metal panel underneath that area on the inside of the trunk is...

Considering your car is only worth $5,000 in great shape, I don't think it is worth repairing a rusted out frame and under body. If it was a 72, I would say yes, but 81, ahh, My brother used to restore cars, I saw what he went through, buying and selling his cars, He stopped buying rust buckets, if they had one spec of rust, he didn't touch it, there are plenty of rust free cars out there, And repairing rust is a nightmare, your Mercedes is not like a Chevy where they have every panel in stock ready to weld in, You would need to hire a body man full time for a year to get those panels fixed back up, and get it done on the frame??? Forget it, the frame is probably shot. Painting the undercarriage will take most of your money, you will never get it back out of the car. Hope this helps.

Dec 25, 2010 | Mercedes-Benz SLK280 Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

My 93 tracker has rust holes in the floor panel under the rear seats. Where can I get a replacement panel in Ireland? Can I install a new panel over the old panel after removing or treating the rust on...

That will be very difficult to find. Your best bet would be take it to an auto body shop. and have them treat the rust and weld a panel over the old one and treat it with rust proofing. if you plan on keeping it for a long while.

Dec 12, 2017 | 1993 Geo Tracker

1 Answer


If the water seems to be coming out of the engine block itself it would be the welch plugs. To actually see them you either need detachable eyes or a flashlight and a small mirror. Welch plugs are brass plugs inserted into holes in the engine block. These holes were put there during manufacturing in order to clear the sand used in the casting process from the water channels. They do tend to rust through and replacing them can be a serious headache due to the diffyculty in accessing these plugs. Basically you would have to strip everything(ancilliary components, inlet, exhaust manifold) off the engine to replace one. It can be removed by hammering a screwdriver through one and wedging it out. Replacement entails using a circular drift to hammer it back in (after the hole has been cleared of rust)
Also bear in mind that if one is rusted through, then the others are not far behind. depending on the engine it could have any number from 4 to 10 of these in the sides of the block alone.
The picture shows a welch plug (circled) on a 26 year old Nissan without aircon, power steering or fuel injection and it is still the only one visible on the engine without removing components.ae1b161.jpg

Aug 23, 2010 | Pontiac Grand Prix Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

How to replace freeze plugs in 1998 ford explorer with 4.0 engine. Center freeze plug on driver side came out with rust around it. whats the process of repair?

make sure there is no material from the old plug left in the hole. clean inside hole with light grade emory cloth. put some hi-temp sealer on the mating surface of the plug. tap into place hollwed side out, edge flush with the engine surface. measure the hole precisely to get the correct size plug. access to hole may be limited.

Feb 25, 2010 | 1998 Ford Explorer

1 Answer

Jaguar X type Water Pump

if the pump is leaking then it needs replacing it sounds like someone in the past has introduced glycol based coolant in to a oat. organic acid tech coolant system THEY DO NOT MIX and go like brown jelly and block things up like heater/ac systems it needs a good flush using a cooling system flushing adative

Mar 22, 2017 | 2006 Jaguar X-Type

Not finding what you are looking for?
Cars & Trucks Logo

Related Topics:

12 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Nissan Experts


Level 3 Expert

79865 Answers

Phil Lovisek
Phil Lovisek

Level 3 Expert

726 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22326 Answers

Are you a Nissan Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides