Question about Chrysler Crossfire

1 Answer

I need to check the transmission fluid in my 2004 Crossfire, but when I pop the hood I cannot locate it and have misplaced the owenrs manual. Help!

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 20 times.


    An expert who has answered 20 questions.

  • Expert
  • 63 Answers

There should be two bolts on the side of your transmission, the top is the fill hole and the bottom is the drain hole. Make sure you can get the fill plug out before draining the transmission though.

Posted on Mar 14, 2011


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

How do you check trans fluid on 2004 crossfire

If an auto tranny there should be a dip stick.
If a manual tranny, there's a fill bolt near the top of the tranny, you have to :feel inside to check oil level.
I usually fill it till it starts to spill out oil, then recap and tighten the bolt.

May 02, 2015 | 2004 Chrysler Crossfire

3 Answers

I can't find the well for the Automatic Transmission Fluid. I see the cap for engine oil, brake fluid and steering fluid but no transmission fluid. Please help!!!

You must locate the transmission dip stick. Look towards the rear near the firewall. It looks like the oil dipstick but larger. You fill up or add transmission fluid through the transmission dipstick hole.
Good luck and thanks for your question and I hope my suggestions help. burdfrenzy
Visit My eBay Store!

Jan 03, 2011 | 1996 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera

1 Answer

Can't get the top to go down on a 2004 chry crossfire

Is the electric motor running? If the top motor is not running then check the fuse. There is a fuse layout in your owners manual. If the motor is not running and the fuse is good, then there is a relay under the hood. If the relay is clicking then you will need to replace the electric motor that lowers the top.

Sep 22, 2010 | 2004 Chrysler Crossfire

1 Answer

I want to know what the RPMs should be when accelerating. Also my car seems to be taking longer to change between gears, what?s the worse it could be?

the worst thing it could be is a transmission failure, but I would try checking the transmission fluid before I would get to worried.
to check the transmission fluid, drive the vehicle for 15 - 20 minutes, park on a level spot, set the emergency / handbrake and place the vehicle into neutral, pop the hood and locate the transmission dipstick, check fluid level, add if necessary.

if the fluid has a burned smell to it or it is almost black it is probably time to change the fluid and filter on the transmission. fairly easy to do especially if you can locate and buy a haynes or childers car repair manual. most autoparts stores carry them for 15-25 dollars (atleast around here they do.)

Apr 22, 2010 | 1996 Toyota Camry

1 Answer

Where is transmission fluid located? Where is stick to check?

Transmission fluid is located inside the transmission fluid pan. It is checked and added through the fill tube. The dipstick is located under the hood. You have two dipsticks, one for engine oil and one for transmission fluid. On some models, the dipstick for the transmission fluid may be located under the engine cover in the cab of the van between the driver's and front passenger's seats. If you simply cannot find two dipsticks under the hood, it's under the engine cowl.

Feb 23, 2010 | 1989 Ford Econoline

2 Answers

Need to add transmission fluid in Cadillac CTS 2004. How do you do it?

tod34 is correct. The "fill" area of this transmission is located on the transmission itself. It is a fluid leveling plug located low on the main case toward the back of the trans. You must pump the fluid in through that hole. If you are on level ground and the transmission is properly warmed, you should fill the transmission until the fluid level is flush with the bottom of the hole (starts spilling out)

Dec 28, 2009 | 2006 Cadillac CTS

2 Answers

How do you check a 2004 alero transmission fluid

2004 Aleros with auto trans DO NOT have a dipstick under the hood. They do have a filler cap, located on the driver side, look straight down under the edge of the exhaust crossover, black cap with a gear on it. According to the Manuf. the AUTOMATIC Transmission (should not need to be checked unless there is a leak) has a plug in the side just like the manual transmission. You remove the plug in the side and fill thru the top until fluid runs out the side hole. Replace the plug and the fill cap when done.

Nov 15, 2009 | 2004 Oldsmobile Alero

3 Answers

How do you check/add transmission fluid to a 2004 pontiac grand am? what is the fluid type and capacity after the filter is changed? 2004 grand am v6 automatic

Hello! To check the fluid level, the first thing you want to do is get the fluid to operating temperature, by driving it for a bit and letting it shift through all gears. Once you've done that you need to make sure you park the car on a very level surface. Remove the front passenger wheel and the splash guard. From there reference the picture below to give you an idea where the fluid check plug is located - there is no dipstick on this transmission (4T45e). You will also see the fill plug location.

If you do a pan drop and filter replacement only, the fill capacity is 6.9 quarts. You will want to use Dexron III type transmission fluid.

FYI - here are the torque specs for the pan bolts is 106 in/lbs and the check/fill plugs are both 124 in/lbs.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Sep 25, 2009 | 2004 Pontiac Grand Am

1 Answer

WHERE DO i add the transmission fluid for 2004 jaquar s type

There is none as this is a closed transmission and no need to check unless you notice a transmission oil leak

Sep 08, 2009 | 2004 Jaguar S Type

1 Answer

65K service

check the owners manual for recommendations, but in most cases this is about the miles (60,000 mile service) the cooling system should have the hoses changed and the coolant condition tested and flushed as ness, also the transmission should have a fluid and filter change, the fuel filter should be replaced (every 30,000 miles) and a front end aligned if tires are not wearing evenly.

Jan 22, 2009 | 2004 Chrysler Crossfire

Not finding what you are looking for?
Cars & Trucks Logo

Related Topics:

243 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Chrysler Experts


Level 3 Expert

76109 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22156 Answers

Jeff Turcotte
Jeff Turcotte

Level 3 Expert

8269 Answers

Are you a Chrysler Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides