Question about 2005 Ford Ranger
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
open the hood push the headlight housing retaining clips rearward and then pull upward on the clip to release the headlight housing and pull the housing out and away from car to access the bulb retaining ring located on the back side rotate the bulb retaining ring counterclockwise and pull the bulb socket assembly out of the housing and when installing the new bulb do not touch the bulb surface if you do wipe with rubbing alcohol
Posted on Jan 08, 2009
I had the same problem 1998 ford ranger. left headlight very dim. right head light worked normal. pull back for high beam flash left dim headlight would go out. put on high beems left light got even more dim. trouble shot wires and replaced blinker/high low beam/whiper unit didn't fix. replaced headlight didn't fix. looked at wireing harnes connecter that conects to headlight bulb and center (black Wire) female contacts was open more than the others. (was making weak contact (ground)
FIX:::: SLIGHTLY BENT BLADE ON HEADLIGHT TO MAKE BETTER CONTACT WITH WIRE CONECTION WITH WIDER FEMALE CONTACT RECPTICAL. HEADLIGHTS BRIGHT AS EVER AGAIN. PS ALSO PUT DIELECTRIC GREASE IN CONTACTOR.
HOPE THIS HELPS
Posted on Apr 27, 2009
SOURCE: replace headlight
Review this guide...
Fig. 1: Examples of various types of automotive light bulbs
Fig. 2: Exploded view of the front headlight assembly and related components
Fig. 3: If equipped, open the headlight access panel by sliding the latch and lifting the panel upwards
Fig. 4: Exploded view of the headlight bulb, retainer and wire harness plug
- Open the vehicle's hood and secure it in an upright position
- If necessary, open the bulb access panel by depressing the latch then lifting.
Fig. 5: To remove the bulb, grasp the retainer and rotate it counterclockwise to unlock it ...
Fig. 6: ... then withdraw the bulb from the headlight lens housing
- Unfasten the locking ring which secures the bulb and wire harness plug assembly, then withdraw the assembly rearward.
- Disconnect the electrical wire harness plug from the bulb and remove the locking ring as well.
Fig. 7: Unplug the wire harness from the bulb and either slide the retainer over the plug, or remove it from the bulb
- Before connecting a light bulb to the wire harness plug, ensure that all electrical contact surfaces are free of corrosion or dirt.
- Install the locking ring onto the bulb, then line up the replacement headlight bulb with the harness plug. Firmly push the bulb onto the plug until the spring clip latches over the bulb's projection.
Do not touch the glass bulb with your fingers. Oil from your fingers can severely shorten the life of the bulb. If necessary, wipe off any dirt or oil from the bulb with rubbing alcohol before completing installation.
- Position the headlight bulb and secure it with the locking ring.
- To ensure that the replacement bulb functions properly, activate the applicable switch to illuminate the bulb which was just replaced. (If this is a combination low and high beam bulb, be sure to check both intensities.) If the replacement light bulb does not illuminate, either it too is faulty or there is a problem in the bulb circuit or switch. Correct if necessary.
- Close the bulb access panel and the vehicle's hood.
Good luck... and remember rated my help!
Posted on Aug 07, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 10, 2016 | 2001 Ford Explorer Sport
Mar 04, 2015 | 2008 Ford Ranger
Feb 02, 2011 | 1988 Ford Ranger
Jan 19, 2011 | 1989 Ford Ranger
Nov 20, 2009 | 2005 Ford Ranger
Jun 08, 2009 | 2005 Ford Escape
Jan 26, 2009 | 1998 Ford Ranger SuperCab
Jun 24, 2008 | 2005 Ford Ranger
43 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: