Question about 2000 Pontiac Grand Am GT
While i was on highway headed to texas from new york my car cut off 7 times an i pulled over an put in park and car started right back up but continued to cut off evrytime i drove also when i reved the engine it sounded like it was misfiring.
I had the same porblem. I replaced the ignition moduel. The problem has not returned. It;s been two years now.
Posted on Aug 15, 2008
Grandammit!!! Bad oxygen sensor could cause the stalling or it needs new plugs and wires...so since it is 8 years old, give it new plugs and wires...then if the problem persists with NO CHECK ENGINE LIGHT....then it is a mechanical problem with the engine. If your check engine light IS on...then take it to any shop with OBD2 diagnostics so the codes can be analized and the proper repair performed.
Posted on Aug 01, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 05, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
May 27, 2012 | 1987 Buick Century
1. Park the truck on a level surface and set the parking brake. Place your foot on the brake then put the key in the ignition. Turn the key to the "On" position but do not start the truck.
2. Shift the automatic shift lever to the "1" position and tilt the steering column to its lowest position using the tilt adjustment on the bottom left side of the steering column.
3. Hold the bezel/trim around the instrument cluster and pull it towards you to release the clips holding it to the dashboard. Work your way around the bezel, pulling it as you go, until it's only connected to the dash by wiring. Unplug those wiring harnesses from the back by hand then put the gear shifter back into park. Bring the bezel to a table or counter that you can work on.
4. Turn the bezel onto its face. Locate the headlight switch which should be on the lower right corner of the bezel. There are delicate plastic fingers that hold the switch to the dashboard. Carefully pry these away from the switch with the flat head screwdriver in one hand while pulling the switch away from the bezel with the other until it's free.
5. Push the replacement switch into the bezel until it clicks into place. Then bring the bezel back to the SUV. Put your foot on the brake and shift the shifter into the "1" position again. Plug in the connections on the bezel then push the bezel into place on the dashboard until it clicks. Put the shifter back in park, tilt the column to its desired location and turn the ignition off.
When replacing the connector cut one wire at a time and transfer it to the same position on the new connector, solder and shrink tube each wire, take your time. Remember one wire at a time.
Mar 31, 2011 | 1999 Chevrolet Suburban
Jan 22, 2011 | 1995 Buick LeSabre
Jan 10, 2011 | Chevrolet Cavalier Cars & Trucks
Aug 07, 2010 | 1986 Porsche 944
Jul 18, 2010 | 1991 Buick Park Avenue
Jan 02, 2010 | 2002 GMC Yukon Denali
Feb 01, 2009 | 2002 Cadillac Deville
78 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: