Question about 2004 GMC Yukon
SPECIAL TOOLS: You will need a power steering pulley remover and installer tool, DO NOT USE A HAMMER.
1. Remove the power steering pulley.
2. Raise the vehicle.
3. Remove the oil pan skid plate from the vehicle, if equipped.
4. Place a drain pan under the vehicle.
5. Remove the power steering pressure hose from the power steering pump from underneath the vehicle.
6. Lower the vehicle.
7. Remove the return hose from the power steering gearbox and the power steering pump.
8. Remove the bolt retaining the rear bracket to the engine.(See picture below)
9. Remove the bolts from the front of the pump.(See picture below)
10. Remove the pump from the vehicle.
11. Remove the bracket from the rear of the pump
1. Reverse above procedure
2.Fill and bleed the power steering system.
Posted on Mar 14, 2011
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: 1997 Yukon Power Steering pump
You will need an assortment of metric sockets and a rachet you will also need a pulley remover and installer your local auto parts store should have a puller and installer you can borrow. Make sure you bleed the new pump before you start the truck. You can do this after the resovoir is connected and has oil in it the rotate the pulley by hand.
Posted on Aug 12, 2008
once u take off the belt.see the holes in the pully put socket in the hole once u line them up with the 3 bolts to take it off
Posted on Mar 15, 2009
u will need 2 special tool to remove and reinstall the powersteering pully
it must be removed to acess the bolts to replace the pump and a new pump dose not come with pully
Posted on Nov 26, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 18, 2014 | 2002 GMC Yukon
Apr 30, 2010 | 2002 GMC Yukon Denali
Feb 07, 2010 | 2003 GMC Yukon XL
Oct 25, 2009 | 2002 GMC Yukon Denali
Oct 31, 2008 | 2001 GMC Yukon
Mar 27, 2017 | 2004 GMC Yukon
956 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: