P1457 HONDA - Evaporative Emissions Control System Leakage EVAP Canister Systemhttp://engine-codes.com/p1457_honda.htmlForum Code
Possible causes- Missing Fuel cap
- Incorrect fuel filler cap used
- Fuel filler cap remains open or fails to close
- Foreign matter caught in fuel filler cap There is a Honda factory service bulletin with information on how to diagnose the P1456 on the following Honda models:
1998 Honda Accord
1999 Honda Accord
2000 Honda Accord1998-2000 Honda Accord
symptoms- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Possible a noticeable fuel odor caused by the release of fuel vaporsP1457 HONDA Description The evaporative emission (EVAP) control system stores fuel vapor from the fuel tank in the EVAP canister temporarily to prevent it from escaping to the atmosphere and to enable it to be drawn into the engine by intake manifold vacuum and burned. In addition, the onboard refueling vapor recovery system (ORVR) stores fuel vapor generated when refueling in the EVAP canister.
The EVAP control system leak detection method improves the accuracy and frequency of the detection by determining faulty components and vapor leakage for each part. The EVAP control system (from the purge valve to the fuel tank) is divided into two parts. One is the "EVAP Canister Side" (from the EVAP two way valve to the purge valve) and the other is the "Tank Side" (from the EVAP two way valve to the fuel tank). There is 0.04 inch leak detection and 0.02 inch leak detection. If the 0.04 inch leak detection results are OK, the 0.02 inch leak detection runs. The P1457 code is detected when the EVAP system has a very small leak.
P0107 HONDA - Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor Circuit Low Voltagehttp://engine-codes.com/p0107_honda.htmlForum Code
Possible causes- Manifold Absolute Pressure harness is open or shorted
- Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor poor electrical circuit connector
- Faulty Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
When is the code detected?An excessively low voltage from the sensor is sent to ECMSymptoms- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Engine rough idle
- Engine hesitation
P0107 HONDA Description The Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor provides instantaneous manifold pressure information to the engine's Engine Control Module. The data is used to calculate air density and determine the engine's air mass flow rate, which in turn determines the required fuel metering for optimum combustion. A fuel-injected engine may alternately use a Mass Air Flow sensor to detect the intake airflow. A typical configuration employs one or the other, but seldom both.
In some vehicles the absolute pressure sensor is built into ECM
. HONDA Technical Service Bulletins for P0107 code1999 HONDA ODYSSEY Electrical System 2000 HONDA ODYSSEY Electrical System1998 HONDA ACCORD Electrical System 1999 HONDA ACCORD Electrical System 2000 HONDA ACCORD Electrical System 2001 HONDA ACCORD Electrical System 2002 HONDA ACCORD Electrical System 1996 HONDA CIVIC Electrical System 1997 HONDA CIVIC Electrical System 1998 HONDA CIVIC Electrical System