Question about 1999 Kia Sportage
A Kia dealership can order one for you or try a salvage yard for a used one
Posted on Mar 12, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 11, 2016 | 2002 Suzuki XL-7
Just replaced both of mine two weeks ago. (I'm at 130K miles)
A couple of things...
- You will need to disassemble your rear brakes (calipers and disks)
- My wheel caps were rusted on so I had to destroy them by using a screwdriver to chisel them open (like you would do with a tin can) Try to pry them off if you can. I am planning on replacing them in order to save the threads on the spindle from rusting. ($5 each at dealer)
- I had a slide hammer handy in order to pull one of the hubs off the spindle. They were rusted on pretty bad on mine. One of the hubs was destroyed in the process of pulling.
- Re-used the original nuts. They are compression nuts (same type as on the fron driveshafts) but they came off no problem so I just reused them. You might want to have one handy in case you wreck the old nuts. (They range from $6 to $8 each at the dealer)
- 32mm axle nut socket
- Use the socket to tap the new hub in if required. Don't beat too ******* it though...
- Chiltons suggests torquing them down to 170 lb-ft (if I remember correctly)
Noticeably less noise now when I'm cruising at 40 mph. I used to have some kind of cyclic harmonic grinding going on from back ther that seemed to be speed related.
The new hubs also seems to have improved my "shimmy" under braking condition. Although, I can't say for sure if it was the hub itself that was the problem or the fact that I relubed my rear brake pins in the process of doing the hub.
Apr 01, 2016 | 2001 Mercury Cougar
Dec 13, 2015 | Isuzu Cars & Trucks
Mar 03, 2013 | 1994 Toyota Pickup
Dec 25, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Sep 08, 2010 | 1987 Ford Ranger
Feb 26, 2010 | 2001 Toyota Tacoma
Feb 04, 2010 | Ford Explorer Cars & Trucks
May 06, 2009 | 2004 Kia Rio
Jul 01, 2017 | 2002 GMC Sonoma Extended Cab
22 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: