Question about Mercury Grand Marquis

1 Answer

What is the hose that runs from the transmision to the radiator called on a 1 991 mercury gr. m arquiss? ds_moss@sbcglobalnet.

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Master
  • 1,586 Answers

It's a line that feeds transmission fluid up to the radiator. Most automatics have radiators that also incorporate a transmission cooler (heat is the #1 killer of auto transmissions). That line allows the fluid to move to the radiator for cooling.

Posted on Jul 31, 2008

1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

2 Answers

I have a 2001 mercury grand marquis ls. it overheats when im driving it but don't shows it on the temperature hand ..what is the problem ??

The temperature switch on the side of the upper radiator hose is not working. That is, if the engine is hot. Boiling over - need to check thermostat. Grab on to upper hose (should be hot) than with engine off, grab bottom radiator hose. It also should be same temperature as top. If so, thermostat ok. Electric radiator fan - turn Ac on. Fans should run. No, check fuses & relay. Mechanical fan - with engine off, the blade should be stiff to turn. Easy, replace fan clutch. Usually, low level of water is most common. Wish you well.

Apr 18, 2017 | 2001 Mercury Grand Marquis

1 Answer

Radiator hose is swelled up

A radiator hose that swelled up is caused by the hose breaking down, we call this a "soft hose" and it must be replaced ASAP. As far as the high idle goes this is caused either by an engine vacuum leak or a defective automatic idle speed control valve. You need to have the dealer run some basic testing with a tool called a scanner to see what is going on.

Feb 01, 2012 | 1993 Mercury Cougar

1 Answer

I have a 1997 mercury sable with a dual over head cam. I need the hose replaced that runs off the water pump. what is this hose called?

  • Lower radiator hose.
  • The one that runs from the thermostat is the upper radiator hose.

  • Hope this helps. Thank you for using FixYa.

Regards, Tony

Jul 13, 2011 | Mercury Sable Cars & Trucks

2 Answers

Where is the radiator bolt located, to drain the water out of the radiator

should be at the bottom of the rad with a little hose coming from it .(the hose points down and goes nowhere just ther to help drain) if you cant find it you can also pull the bottom rad hose off and drain it that way.

Dec 02, 2010 | 1999 Mercury Cougar

1 Answer

How do i flush the cooling system o a 1995 mercury villager

the easiest way is to connect a hose to a top hose (the same diameter)and remove the radiator cap,this backward flush will get all the rust/dust from out of the system.then undo the clip on the bottom hose of the radiator to drain it before filling with the CORRECT antifreeze.then run the engine to full temp and undo the topmost heater hose to bleed any trapped air.i recommend 50/50 antifreeze to water.there are other ways but this works for me...

Oct 12, 2010 | Mercury Villager Cars & Trucks

2 Answers

Looking for hose that goes from reservoir to engine, is it only a dealer part and what is it called

Your overflow reservoir is available on ebay, but if all you need is the hose, just buy a piece of hose, it is nothing special, probably why it isn't listed as a part, just like an O-ring, they are shelf items, match up the hose diameter and the length, clamp it on, you should be all set. Hope this helps.

Aug 25, 2010 | 2001 Mercury Sable

2 Answers

Whats the hose assembly running from the water

that would be your heater core hoses
and if I remember correctly the aftermarket parts are cut-to-fit and the factory parts are only available as an assembly

May 20, 2010 | 1999 Mercury Sable

1 Answer

Locating and replacing coolant system hoses on 196

the hose will leave from the top of the radiator into the bottom of the exspansion tank

Mar 06, 2009 | 1996 Mercury Sable

Not finding what you are looking for?
Cars & Trucks Logo

Related Topics:

160 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Mercury Experts


Level 3 Expert

74688 Answers


Level 3 Expert

5436 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22082 Answers

Are you a Mercury Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides